Wednesday 17 August 2016

Kile's coming ... and a dangerous man


17 August


And I’m still stuffed after a day of eating very little indeed. I’m off into town on me scooter so hopefully I will feel less stuffed. The idea of today is to just get out and about for a few hours, but with the market on today, I can get few more pairs of the ‘gentle grip’ socks I need, then I can got rid of the older, tighter ones. Of course, my camera will be in attendance too, I mean, who knows what will pop up screaming to be snapped at. While I’m off having fun, Jan is going to collect Kile for a few days. And the sun has come to play too.


Team GB is continuing to do really well out in Rio. I can’t help but admire them all on what they have achieved, even the horsey ones. The work and dedication needed to even make the team, let alone coming away with a medal. Well done all!


Have you been keeping up the fun and games over in Yankyland, even with the Olympics going on and taking most of the headlines? We don’t have any say in who gets voted in as President, but we really should be interested because whoever it is, there will be effects over here in the UK. My concern that Farter Trump gets the vote; that will devastate the US and then we would feel that devastation at some point. The other problem is that the man will not listen to anyone else and steams ahead no matter what his actions will mean. That makes him a very dangerous man.


Today’s plans have all been changed again, mainly due to Kile being here. We haven’t taken him out for a long time now so I’m staying in today and tomorrow we will go off to Whipsnade Zoo. The tickets are booked and paid for so we’ll head off around 8am in the morning; one more zoo off the list.


Today’s photo …


A happy worker.


Today’s funny …


Walter went on a date with his new girlfriend and they reached the door of her flat just before midnight. When she kissed him goodnight she said, "be careful on your way home or someone might rob you of all the money you've saved this evening.         

No comments:

Post a Comment