Monday 22 August 2016

So little time, so much to do ...


22 August


After yesterday’s rant about zoos, I find a new series on the BEEB but another series based in a zoo, Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire. That’s one we haven’t visited before, bit too far right now. I missed the first 15 minutes of it so I set off the recorder and set the link for the series, so I’m hoping it will get the full show we can watch later today. Zoos do have one thing of benefit to the general public, and that is it allows us to get closer to the animals than many of would be able to do normally. All we need to do is to follow the rules and use common sense when it comes to getting too close the larger animals. I’m still not sure about the number of zoos there are though; that’s something that will need to be discussed at some time.


Art works continue to fascinate me. Right now we are watching another of the Fake or Fortune that the BEEB is showing a new series of. As the title indicates, this series is not about showing a series of art works for us all to ‘woo’ and ‘ahh’ too. No, not at all. This series is looking closer at the featured works and trying to find out if the attributed artist actually produced it, and that my friends is art history, and the history of art. That’s two separate subject areas, even if they do overlap a lot. Oh how I wish I had followed up on that when I was with the OU. Too late now of course, I’ve moved on somewhat now and I just don’t have the time.


Another interest of mine is family history, but yet again, time is against me. There is not enough of it to do what I would like to do; therefore, choices have to be made. Right now family history is right outside the doable area. I do have a distant cousin living in Colorado (yeah, I know, me and everyone else), who is looking at the Jayne side of the family, and every so often she sends me updates she has come across, thank you Janice.


The writing side of things is the one that is really suffering right now, simply because of time and of course the wound on my back makes sitting in front of the lappy a bit awkward really. It’s not hurting at all, it’s just the scab that had dried out and working its way off. I’ll hoping that I can back to it soon. But you know what? I’m really missing having a writing area within home. The real problem is that writing here in the living is difficult while Jan is here, she likes to have the telly on after an hour or two of quiet.


Dependant on weather I could ride down to the library in town and write there. If not, the I can move into the bedroom I suppose. I’m hoping that come November I’m seriously considering doing NANOWRIMO again this year. That will mean writing around 1600 words a day for the 30 days of the month. We’ll see …  


And here’s part of the problem for me; it’s foot butcher day today, and they are really ready to done. Jenny is due here in around ten minutes. So now I need to end this right now to be ready for here.


Today’s photo …


another from Whipsnade


Today’s funny …


A man goes into a travel agents and says that he wants to book a vacation in China.
"Peking?" asked the travel agent.
"No, I want to have a good look around."

No comments:

Post a Comment