Saturday 13 August 2016

A lot of words about nowt really


13 August

Saturday morning and we have a nice, warm, sunny day. When I first got up though it was raining petty hard. Ah well … My idea for today was to get into town on my scooter. Jan mentioned the state of the dropped kerbs around here and possibly jarring my wound. She was right of course, so I mentioned that we could drive down and use our walkers instead, and she agreed to it. A little later I did a bit of walking and standing in the kitchen and finally I got the message that even using the walker is not a good idea. The pain in my back, not the wound but the muscles to either side, really built up, and very quickly too. So, we are staying in, apart from me going a walk around the back area of our block of flats. Hopefully it won’t be long before I can get out properly on my own. I’ll be glad when I can.

Something I am missing though, is writing. I haven’t done any for some time now and I really do need to get on a do some. Part of the reason for not doing so is the stress sitting here at the lappy causes on my wound. The clips are out of course and it’s well dry and scabbed over. The stress come when the surrounding skin pulls on the scabs and the fear is that they will break open and perhaps even open the wound altogether. That won’t be fun at all. However, we are catching up with a long list of recorded programmes off telly

Last time we saw the news, it looked that Team GB is doing very well out in Rio; well done to the whole team we have out there. From what I can remember though, Russia and before that, the USSR swept the medal boards. This year however, last night table they didn’t show at all. Perhaps they are not using drugs at all now and the results so far just shows how good or talented as they look when drugged up. Perhaps all the fuss of state sponsored doping has done some good at last.

During the week one man has cost a accompany £89 million and will get a weekly pay-packet of over £200,000. That’s more than some people pay for their houses, there’s no way that any one person, or man in case, is worth that much money. How they can justify such costs is beyond me. But I wonder; that £89 million price attract VAT, if so, how much would that run at. And we’re told money is hard to come by! Perhaps it wasn’t being wasted like this there would be more for those who really do need more these days.

We had a bit of nervousness last night about 9.15. Jan caught sight of a man walking about out the back. The problem is, it’s supposed to be a private area. Hopefully it was someone living in our small area. If not, then we might have a problem, again. There’s not been a problem for some time, but just after we first moved in here, the guy upstairs seemed to be subletting his flat and we had loads of people coming and going, and that doesn’t take into account the amount of drug taken up there too. It made for a very nervous time indeed. We’re hoping it’s not starting up again.

Today’s photo …


our lad with his camera.

Today’s funny …


Two men are talking. The first one says, "The reason that I got married was because I was tired of having to eat out, cleaning the house, doing the laundry and wearing worn-out clothes."
"That's amazing," said the second, "I just got divorced for the very same reasons."
    

No comments:

Post a Comment