Tuesday 16 August 2016

Stuffed and tried


16 August


I’m stuffed! Last night we went out for a couple of hours down to the Hinckley Knight, a pub on the A5 just before its M69 junction. From the first time was stopped there Jan has wanted to go there for a meal, and that is what last night was all about. Whatever, we both ordered too much and as nice as it was, the amount really was a waste. Mind you, the key-lime pie was really, really nice. Right now though, I couldn’t eat anything more, no matter what was on offer. The other affect is that I didn’t have all that good a night either, tossing and turning and finally coming to properly at 7.45. I gave up at 8.25 and got up, now I’m about ready to go back.


While I was in hospital I was advised to try to cut down on the amount of Tramadol pills I’m on. I can understand why they said that seeing as I’m prescribed up to eight a day, but I rarely use that many, with six being normal. I don’t take them for the fun of it, only when I need them. In an effort though I’ve cut them down to one instead of two when I do take them. I’ve not noticed any difference yet, but if I need to go back to two, I will do so, no matter the hospital says.


‘Back your data!’ How many times have you heard that one I wonder? Well, I have done just that to a 500gig separate hard disc I have here. Since I’ve had this lappy however, its finding it hard to see the disc. Yesterday I took the chance while it could see it to copy over all the photos from there onto the internal drive on the lappy; oh what fun that was. The individual subject folders I file my photos in worked fine, no problems, but when I came to copy over my Originals folder (the image files direct from the camera), there are so many of them and most are large file size RAW files, then even this flyer of a lappy claimed up to three days to finish the task. As it was, they were done in just two hours. There’s still more to copy over but I’ll take my time with it for now, and just hope the disc doesn’t die on me before I’m done. At least all my writing files are backed-up on a USB stick and SD card, along with the hard disc copy on the lappy.


Here’s a link … Nope, can’t find it now. Anyway, there was a piece on FaceBook that caught my eye. Basically, it was about a man who gave a kidney to a young boy who was desperate for one. That’s great and I heartily applaud him for doing so. However, I don’t agree with him coming forward and publicly acknowledging it. Such gifts should be private and not made public. Yes, it’s great news when a wee lad gets the gift of life from a stranger, but the stranger’s name should not be made public. Both Jan and I are on the donor registrar but neither of us want a fuss made of it when the times comes.


Today’s photo …


A British classic on the A14.

Today's funny ...   


Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Lena.
Lena who?
Lena little closer and I'll tell you.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment