Friday 5 August 2016

I'm home ...


5 August



And now I’m home, but still feeling weak even if I am improving each day, so that is why I decided to write this one today. However, I have a feeling that I still won’t be able to write every day just yet. So then, off we go … 



The op went off as planned. Last thing I remember is the room starting to spin a bit, then there’s a nurse waking me up in recovery.  I don’t remember any pain at that point though, it set in later but even then, it wasn’t excessive. Perhaps they let me out a bit too quick but other than that, I can’t fault the care I had over there. The food though, was bloody awful. I asked if it was cooked on site but it’s not. The nurse I asked mentioned something about it being from the same company that Ronnie Corbet advertises on telly. Well, if it is from them, then I’m glad I’ve never fancied trying them!



The biggest issue for me is the cost of parking; Jan paid £3.40 for each visit, add that to the fuel cost and being ill in the Walsgrave is an expensive time. It’s pretty much the same where ever you go in the UK though. The NHS is having a hard time these days and this parking cost issue is not helping at all. I wonder if it hasn’t now become a deliberate policy so that the public becomes so disillusioned with it, there won’t be such a big fuss about selling it off. That really would annoy me cos it’s just not right that people might be making money off the tax payer for health services.



I’m starting to wilt so I’ll sign off here. Sorry folks, there’s no funny or photo for now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment