Sunday 8 May 2016

Mostly yesterday ...


 May



For some time now I have been aware that my images haven’t been as sharpe as normal, or as sharpe as I would like. My normal settings on my D5200 are ISO200, aperture priority set at f8 and Auto White Balance. Yesterday I decided to change a few things and moved to shutter priority set at 500 of a second. To shoot flowers in a breeze I used the same settings to counter the wind movement. Then I added a new one altogether for me; I used my built-in flash! The improve in shots can be seen with shots like …

cowslip, one of a number of flower shots I got.



When I saw the forecast for the weather for yesterday predicting storms and rain, I wasn’t sure about it at all. So come 4pm when we bought an ice cream each, I thought we had got away with it. While we waited to be served, a young lady said to us, ‘I wasn’t about the weather for today you know, but look at it, it’s great!’ Oh dear … 15 minutes later we were soaked. I had agreed with the lady but we spoke too soon didn’t we. At least we got our ice creams finished before we headed off from that part of the park.



Our scooter batteries have been dying on us just lately, well, two of them that is. Jan took them to the shop we got them from and explained what was happening. She came back with batteries, complete with two new cells in each one. Two new cells are £70, but Jan couldn’t afford all four at once, but she paid for two of them and tomorrow she will phone them and pay for the other two then. Or maybe not …



You see, soaked wet and miserable as we were, Jan’s larger battery drained out of charge. So she changed it with her spare, but that one would go either. So she had my spare and off we went. Tomorrow then, we will be calling and getting that failed one checked again, seeing it was supposed to have new cells in it. Whatever; but it’s nice to know that we have rep at that shop if they feel able to trust us like that.



Kile loves fishing; I can’t stand it. I’ve always said, ‘If I am hungry enough, I will try it but only then!’ You see, I just don’t see the so-called fun in catching a fish only to put it back in the water. And I most certainly do not count is a sport. So why am I so taken with Jeremy Wade’s River Monsters? He certainly enjoys what he is doing, and up to a point he is actually working isn’t he? He’s a biologist and his field trips could be called research because he is out to find and document fish that are attacking people. I can agree with that approach. Some of those fish he brings in are really pretty fish, even with their huge size. And who’da funk it, bull sharks so far inland in fresh water.



Today’s photo then …

Our main reason to go to Kingsbury yesterday.



Today’s funny …



What did the policeman say to the man with three heads?
Hello, hello, hello - what's going on here?
        

No comments:

Post a Comment