Monday 23 May 2016

If music is the food love ...


23 May



Music, do you love it or loath it? There is reason for this question my friends, but der nowot? I can’t remember what it is right now. I made a short note yesterday after reading/hearing something about the role of music just as I was moving on to do something else. I made a not so I wouldn’t forget about it … oh dear … But actually, when I think about it, music does play such a large part in all our lives, even if we don’t think about it. Theme music in films and telly shows help set scenes. It identifies one film/show from another.



We all grow up with music in the back ground of our lives. How many of us sat and listened to the radio when the top 40 records were played, I know I did. Music lesson at school as well as the school assembly where we all sang at least one hymn. I wonder if schools still do that these days seeing as we are such a multi-cultural society these days. Perhaps I should try to remember to ask Kile next time he’s here. But what of our day to day lives?



There have been too many occasions to count where Jan and I have been traveling somewhere and the radio is on and an old song has come one. I’ve turned to Jan and said, ‘It’s been years since I heard this.’ So we listen to it and memories come flooding back of a time that we had completely forgotten about. There are some times when I would prefer not to be reminded of such times, I’m sure we all have those.



I’ve read about writers who sit writing with music playing softly in background, it helps them concentrate apparently. I’m sorry, but it would drive me up the wall. Now if I’m writing, then I’m writing; if I am reading, I am reading; and so on. What it means is that is I want to listen to music I can’t be something else, and that seems a waste of time to me now. Although I can watch telly and read Facebook at the same time. That says a lot about today’s telly and Facebook methinks.   



‘Feeling anxious.’ Just two words that I made a note of on here yesterday as well. I do know what they were meant to be about. There are times when I do feel anxious, and for no reason too. In fact, I just can’t put my finger on why, I just feel unsettled, that something isn’t right somewhere, something doesn’t gel as it should do. As I said, there’s no reason for it. Perhaps it’s part of the depression that comes on me at times, I just don’t know. What I do know is that yet again I feel the mild sun-burn sensation down my back and legs and overall I feel pretty unsettled. Which reminds me …



That memory test I had done; the nurse did finally get back in touch and spoke to Jan. She confirmed that there is nothing wrong with my memory, and no signs of dementia, which is a relief. Then she spoils it and says they want me to have a special type of blood test and then a different type of assessment. So now I have something else to be concerned about. Right from when I was referred for the memory test I was concerned they would let me go without a fight. But there again, with some of the horror stories about the NHS history on mental health issues I should perhaps be thankful for what is being offered. We’ll see … … …



X Files on telly; did you love it or hate it? We saw a few of them years ago and when a new series was brought out earlier this we thought it was worth a go; we gave up after just three of the series. It was crap I couldn’t believe that it was being shown! Anyway … yesterday I noticed there was a film on Channel 4 called Evolution. So I decided to record it. It started the two main actors(?) as X Files, which I didn’t realise. We tried to watch it later yesterday, we suffered maybe ten minutes before it got deleted. Oh dear, so, so bad. I must make more of an effort to look at cast lists better in future.



8.45 this morning and our doorbell goes off. We are expecting someone to call on us sometime today, but not at that time. This moron was knocking doors asking if we had any ‘old stuff’ to sell. Good job she didn’t to sell me then eh? From what I could hear he was polite enough, but it did seem a tad odd really. Why did he just come to our door? We can normally hear everything that goes on in the main hallway, but he didn’t knock on Roy’s door; all very strange.



Because I am slow to wake up and get moving properly, Jan always gets up to answer the door. However, getting up in such a rush doesn’t help her at all, in fact it knocks her about a good bit. That started when I was using my CPAP. So the question is, ‘Why does she do it?’ It’s mainly because Amazon are turning up at all times these days and they don’t hang about either. If you don’t answer quickly enough, they are off. Sometimes they come back, other times they bother. What happens to those parcels I don’t know.



Today’s photo …

Stepping out.



Today’s funny …


 Mother: Oh dear, I can hear your baby brother crying. I guess that he needs changing.
Lucy: Well if you're going to change him, can you change him for a puppy?
              

No comments:

Post a Comment