Friday 20 May 2016

A miracle in Dorktown


20 May



A miracle has happened here in Jaronland. While I was out at my eye test yesterday afternoon, at blubblubblub years old, Jan has produced a new baby boy. And no, IVF has happened either. OK, this baby is covered in pretty blue feathers and he’s called Maxi. Actually, Jan has got him from Kile’s place where he was stuck in a bedroom all day by himself. They claimed he was viscous and unfriendly and fought with their other budgie. Jan has already managed to get him onto her finger twice and we haven’t had him 24 hours yet. He’s done nothing but chatter on in cheepcheep since we got home. Mind you, I was surprised when I saw him; I’ve been wanting another budgie for ages but we decided against it against it. Thing is, Jan is a real softie when it comes to things with fur n feathers.



My eye test went off OK, although there are a few minor bleeds on the retina but nothing to worry about. The crunch came to the ordering of the new specs though. I chose Specsavers because of their 2for1 offer. So I looked for the cheapest frame to get the offer, at £69. However, in a major move they have added £35 for the bifocal part, that brings the price up a good bit. However, I do need new specs, and seeing as my current sunspecs are about ten years old, I need a new pair. Even without that, I would still have the £100+ to pay just for the one pair. Ah well …  



Another surprise this morning; my letter for the neurosurgeon appointment arrived, the only letter we had today. I wasn’t expecting it till early next month. I opened it and read the date, 5th June at 11.20, that’s fine for us. When I came to enter it into our diary I found that the 5th was a Sunday, another surprise. One more down, lots more to come though.



I’ve had another letter inviting me to take part in a clinical trial, but I really don’t fancy taking part. Last night on Midlands today, a doctor was encouraging patients to take part in them so other can be helped. He began doing this after he had stroke. My reason for not going for it is that I have enough appointments as it is without adding to them for a trial. But there again, all trial participants will be ill anyway. I’ve still got the letter so I’ll have another read of it and see what I think then.



Jan was out last night at a church meeting and I was sat here wondering what to do, and no, I wasn’t bored, if anything it was the opposite. I’m a good way through HP3, again, I have Spartacus part read on my kindle, Shipshape needs a number of bits sorting out before I can it published, and finally, Arathusia keeps shouting at me for more to be done, and finally, I have three book reviews to do ForReadingAddicts. In the end I went for HP3, just to get it read and out of the way. Come bedtime I began another book, Devoured by D E Meredith, one I had once given up on but wanted to try again. Oh yes, and don’t forget this blog too. And someone said writing for fun! Hahaha.



Kile is due after school today. Because Jan has been doing a lot more than she should have been, she has decided that she won’t doing a lot this weekend. Every year we do try to get out to Bempton Cliffs, just north of Bridlington so we can get photos of puffins and gannets. Taking Kile we know will he will be happy with it, especially if we throw in a few hours in Bridlington, and he’ll be very happy indeed. The trick is to judge it right before all the birds disappear but when the crowds have gone.



When we used to go there when I was driving, we also managed to get to Blacktoft Sands where we’ve seen spoonbills a few times now. A few times we’ve been there we’ve also managed to get a couple of hours in Cleethorpes instead of Bridlington. It also means we travel home by a different route, something we like tod do.  But we can’t do them both with just Jan driving these days. Which is a shame really, but that’s life folks …



Today’s photo …

Kingsbury Parish Church.



Today’s funny …



Do you like fly fishing?
No, I prefer to catch fish.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment