Friday 13 May 2016

Changes are coming to W10 usres.


13 May



The changes within Windows 10 are starting folks, and they won’t be to our advantage of course. This morning I’ve an email come in about the free Cloud storage it offers. Up until now it’s stood at 15gig, but at some time, and I can’t find a date for the change, it will drop to 5gig. MS is also dropping its free 15gig photo roll feature. According to them I will be at my 5 gig limit on 10 August. Of course, if I wish to I can purchase more space, but right now I won’t be bothering. Various magazines I read warned that this would be happening nearer to date when those who haven’t updated to 10 for free, and the date for paying for it is sometime next month. So get it now fer nowt if you really want it.



Do you remember the coverage of Crufts on the BBC? The pulled the plug on it a few years ago after the Kennel Club refused to get involved with the fuss n bovver about the amount of in-breading in dogs. Well, they’re still at it folks; there’s an on-line petition doing the rounds about German Shepherd Dogs having excessively sloping backs, or top lines, as they call them. Here’s the link to it if you wish to get involved; The Kennel Club Limited: KC to ban excessively sloping backs in German Shepherd Dogs.  

If they move on this issue, I wonder when they will do so on other breeds.



The migrant crisis continues with a return to the old route across the Med from North Africa, according to last night’s news 900 people were picked up over this last week alone. Of course, I say, ‘with a return to the old route,’ but in reality it had continued to used, while the much larger crisis between Turkey and Greece look up the media interest. The people using this route look to be all African, rather than Eastern Med and Asian, not that it matters in reality. They are all from poorer countries where life is hard and making a living is difficult. Having said that, I have noticed that when the media have found English speaking people among them, they look pretty well fed to me, which begs the question as to why they are trying it in the first place? There are active terrorist groups working in East Africa, perhaps some of these men are from that? Just a thought … … …



As I explained a couple of weeks ago, I gave up on my CPAP machine because I found it starting to keep me awake more than helping me sleep. Since then I have managed continued to sleep better without it, and I’m not feeling as tired as I was after using it. I’m still waking up needing to pee though, but only once last night, around 5am. Jan is sleeping a lot better as well, that mask used to keep her awake a lot too.



I’m sat here typing away and watching Jan as she potters about. She must be feeling pretty good cos right now she is sorting out some willow cutting she set off in a glass of water, some of which have begun rooting. When I see her doing that sort of thing, I know she is improving.



Today’s weather isn’t so good today in that although its warm out there, it’s very cloudy. At least I don’t have to go today. Hopefully I may get out tomorrow and get some shooting done around the market. It’s been sometime since I went down on a Saturday morning. All my keepers used to post on Flicker but my subscription ran out last December. I hung on till the New Year to renew it but ever since then I haven’t been able to get logged on, even to Yahoo from where to get on to Flicker. This is not the first time this has happened to me but this is the longest time I have been unable to get on there. So now I’m looking for another photo-sharing site which I can rely on – any suggestion welcomed … … …



Today’s photo is another before the soaking on Saturday ...




Today’s funny …



I was in a supermarket yesterday and overheard two guys talking. One said, ‘My wife told me off the other day, said I didn’t talk to her any more. I told her I didn’t to be rude and interrupt her. The bruising should ease in a few days.’    

No comments:

Post a Comment