Sunday 15 March 2015

Lazy Saturday artternoon (with apologies to The Who)



15 March

Yesterday I had a really lazy day. Basically, I sat thinking about how much I have to do and couldn’t decide where to start; so I didn’t start at all, and I loved it. I had been thinking of a run into town on me scooter seeing it was market day but the weather forecast was for rain in the afternoon and that put me off. One day I’ll learn you can’t trust the BEEB weather forecasts. Instead we sat and watched telly, Jan and Kile played on the Wii while I sat and played about on-line for a few hours, and not doing much at all. Kile goes back home today and I think he’ll be going back feeling a lot better than he was when he got here last Thursday.

Of course, having a lovely lazy day has meant that I am still in the same place as I was yesterday, this is, with far too much to do. Happily though, none of it is life threatening although some of it could make life a bit easier I suppose. It’s still not getting done today anyway. Well, apart from the washer full of stuff that needs drying. I’ll get that bit done. It’s mainly towels and we have loads of them anyway.

Have any of good folks read Jo Nesbo’s The Redbreast? I finished it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have another one by him and now I know I like his work, I shall be on the lookout for more of them. After finishing it I began and to rea a new writer, at least to me she is, Susan Pfeiffer. It’s one I bought last week after reading the shout on the inside. What I didn’t realise until last night, is that it’s a book for kids/teens/yas. So far it’s not a bad story line really, if a little too young American coming of age type book. We’ll see.     

There’s The Photography Show on at the NEC later this month and I have been toying with the idea of going to it. The price is £15 on the door which isn’t so bad really so it’s still doable. However, AP is running a comp because they have 10 pairs of tickets to give away, and I’ve just entered, so hopefully we won’t have to pay anyway. It’s a good sized show too by the looks of the small guide given away this week by Digital Camera. Its predecessor was Focus on Imaging and that was a good show too. We went there a few times and liked that one as well. Hoping this new one will be even better.

While we were on Mallorca last year we had a few photos taken in various places. When we got back we couldn’t find them. But yesterday I went out looking for some software I thing we had kept and I had an idea it was on the DVD/CD/bookcase in the hall. No, it wasn’t there. But what was there is this … 

The photo that was taken as we entered the aquarium in Palm.

And today’s funny …

A Scottish mother visits her 
son in his New York City apartment and asks, How do you find the Americans, Donald?”
“Mother,” says Donald, “they’re such noisy people. One neighbour won’t stop banging his head against the wall, while the other screams and screams all night long.”
“Oh, Donald! How do you manage to put up with them?”
“What can I do? I just lie in bed quietly, playing my bagpipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment