Thursday 26 March 2015

Pills stil not here yet ...



26 March

Airbus must be breathing a great sigh of relief with the news that plane crash in the Alps was a deliberate act by the co-pilot. What must have been thinking about when he did that? And what did the passengers and cabin crew have been think of during those last ten minutes. Someone on telly claimed that the passengers wouldn’t have known about it for some time. I can’t accept that comment cos I know when the plane I’m is starting its decent. The engine noise isn’t so high and there’s a distinct downward angle on the nose, even a first time flyer will know that. It’s such a sad incident all round.     

At long last, yesterday I managed to get into town on me scooter. Why I bothered I don’t know. Wednesday is market day but there are less traders there every time I go, or at least there seems to be; even the flower stall outside Barclays bank wasn’t there today. There didn’t seem all that many people there either. The other reason I went for was to shoot the flower displays in the park, and yet there were very few of them. I finished off with a pint in the Crown and I made my way home. Actually, it wasn’t all that bad really. I was at least out in the sun shine and open air.

Our car was collected at 8.20 this morning to have the new seat cover put in. Around three hours later the dealer called back to say that they could do the job because it had been damaged in transit. Jan had answered the phone and she was really shaken by it cos she thought the car had been damaged. No, not the car, it was the seat cover that had been damaged. So why didn’t they check it before they arranged for the car to go back?

We are due to get our medications delivered yesterday, that’s why Jan stayed in. Well, it seems that the usual guy is on holiday and the replacement doesn’t know the area so well and hasn’t been able to get them all done. Good job we have no plans for today seeing as it’s due to rain all day. Of course, nothing ever goes to plan when we are involved. First off, it wasn’t raining when we got up and hasn’t done since then. And I was dreaming and thought I heard the doorbell ring around 9.30 and decided it was part of the dream.  

I did get one useful photo yesterday … 

A robin on the bridge over the river at the park.

Today’s funny …

I’m at the library, and for some reason, when I plug my flash drive into the computer, it doesn’t show up. I keep trying, but nothing happens. As an IT major, I know I can figure this out. So I spend 15 minutes changing settings and inserting and removing the flash drive. Then a girl sitting next to me taps my shoulder and says, “You’re plugging into my computer, not yours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment