Saturday 7 March 2015

Another bity deja vu day



7 March

My mother would have been 90 today if she was still with us. Ah well … … …

Yesterday worked out to be a bit of waste one way or t’ther. I arrived at SpecSavers and booked in. Then one of the girls came and said that my appointment was at 1pm, not 1.30. I showed to appointment card which clearly stated 1.30pm. Seeing as it was there mistake I would have hoped that they would have tried to get me in somehow yesterday; but no, they didn’t even try. So I walked out and went to Vision Express instead. They will get my business from now on.

While waiting for my new appointment I called into Costas for a coffee and a toasty, very nice it was too; or would have been if had been left alone to get on with it and read my magazine in peace. Sadly, there was woman on the table just across from me who kept talking to me and smiling. I remained polite even though she was bugging the life out of me at the time. Even saying I was waiting from my wife to join me didn’t stop her. Eventually I had finished what I had bought and left, feeling relieved. Oh dear … I headed to HMV and she was there again. As I walked around the town she was behind me. I was getting bugged by then but when I came out of Waterstones she was gone at last.   

Two new books were bought from Waterstones, a Peter Robinson and a Dan Brown that I haven’t read, Inferno. I’ve read his others and enjoyed them, although I don’t agree with his theory on some of the art he mentions in his books. I also bought two more from a charity shop along with a small dish I can use as a pill dish. I managed to try an experiment to see if the new I bought in Mallorca would bounce; it didn’t!

Yesterday was another déjà vu day for me. I got the feeling at just about every turn the day took, and it increased when I got home and sat watching telly. That is two such days now in a few months. I really don’t fancy turning into a Bill Murray Dog Day type bloke at all.

It was while I was at secondary school that first became aware of politics in any sense of reality, if politics can be called reality that is. The issue that brought it home to me was house building. Both major parties were claiming that had and would continue to build more houses than the other lot. Well, if you needed proof there is nothing new under the sun, then there it is. Both major parties are still making extravagant promises and claims. But whoever wins come May, there won’t be much difference. Hey, I just had thunk … what if Tesco was to turn it’s had to house building? All that bank land they have could be used for something useful instead of yet another Tesco Extra. As the keep saying, ‘Every little helps.’
    
Facebook has a group called For Reading Addicts which I have joined. It’s an interesting group guys n gals. Every so often people post photos of various book shops from across the world, and there’s a lot of them. One I remember was in the Far East where all the books are pegged on to lines like washing hanging out to dry. Very clever idea I thought. Anyway; I have been to Coventry many times over the years but I noticed something new on Thursday. Here’s what I noticed … 

Yes, Waterstones and the main city library and a Costas all in one building! This one will find its way on to Facebook later today.

Today’s funny then …



15 Funny Church Signs That Are Going to Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment