Thursday 5 March 2015

A very bitty day



5 March

Oh the best laid plans of men and mice … We got up early and then had our normal tea/coffee drinks before set off for the London Wetland Centre, only we didn’t get up early enough. We got caught up in the last part of the local school run. On top of that, there is a load of major road works on the A45/A46 junction by Coventry airport. Luckily there is a way to avoid that by going through the city centre, but we were late trying to do that as well. In the end we called a stop and had a walk around Coventry instead.

I did get a load of new photos but my new camera needs Elements 12 to do the files it creates, and I lost that too along with my Norton anti-virus too, PE12 is currently loading up now and I should be OK to get some of the new photos done for posting.

Our little trip to Cov has worked out fairly expensive really. Jan’s Norton needed renewing but they wanted nearly £50 to do so on line. We called into PC World and got the same thing for £39, but hang on a mow, it covers 10 devices. So once Jan has put it on here machine, I shall put it on mine. We will both install it on our tablets and phones. That leaves us with four more uses for the same £39; that’s not a bad buy. Before that though, we had a look at the indoor market and I came out with four new books. By then Jan wanted a drink so we headed for Waterstones and the Costa Coffee place in there. Opps … three more books in there. After PC World we went round to Morrisons and I did another £29 would of shopping there. Today has been a bit of an ‘ouch’ all round. At least we are now in home.

Oh yes, that refresh of W8 again; while I was trying to sort out W8.1, it was causing all sorts of problems. I was having pop-ups appear whenever I clicked to open a second window while on the ‘net. All the sites I visited were running very slowly or not at all. I’ve just found out that my CD player won’t work now, I had hoped it would after I’d done the refresh. It’s all very strange, but if you are offered 8.1, refuse it! Our friendly Sage told me he had tried W10, and got rid of that one too, but I think I might give it a go once I’ve got things working right; but there again, maybe not. Right now Jan is having fun installing the new Norton on my new phone. I get cross when I try to do things like that; Jan is much more patient than me.  

Oh what fun I’m having with PE12 now. I thought I had installed it properly but when I opened the desktop icon, it was the video editing kit, not the photo kit I had installed. So I’ve now had to uninstall that and redo PE12. Once I’ve done that I can sort a photo for today. While I wait I’ll go look for a funny …

Today’s funny is from a new source …

“Has your diet changed?” 
I asked an 87-year-old woman I was admitting into the hospital. “Yes,” she said. “For Lent, I gave 
up whipped cream on my Jell-O, hard candy, and my two beers a night. [Pause] And look where it’s gotten me.

Today’s photo …
 
I’m still having problems so here’s one from last year … 

a display of kids backpacks for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment