Monday 23 March 2015

Run up to May



23 March

Yesterday I had a frustrating day my ‘puter, so much so I got fed up with and closed it down by pressing the power stitch. From the time I first started it up until I pressed that button, was around 20 minutes, All I had got done up till that was start it, enter my password and click on the Word icon. And that was as far as I got with it. To give you some idea of how it normally is, today, from start up to when Word had opened on the right file, less than a minute. Much better today.

Have you heard of the new assessment rules the mobility part of PIP? It seems now that if you can walk over the road, then you don’t get the allowance. That does seem rather silly seeing as you have to be able to walk a little bit anyway, like getting to and from your front door to the car. The guys who think up these things, I really how many heads they have; seriously, they can’t be that stupid with only one head. Top and bottom of it? IDS and his lack of compassion and understanding for others.

So here’s the thing for me. Daft Dave is promising and in/out referendum on the UK remaining in Europe. Erratic Ed isn’t interested in that. Nutty Nick wants closer ties with Europe. I don’t want Europe in any way, shape or form. Being a democracy though, if Daft Dave wins in May I will be voting for ‘out’. However, that means even more of what we have had for the last five years. Oh dear, my natural senses are telling me not to vote for Daft Dave. And yet I can’t see Erratic Ed being able to run the country. As for Nutty Nick, well, all he wants is to keep his post as deputy prime muppet. What a pity there isn’t the ‘None of the above’ box on the ballet paper.

Niggling Nigel is getting hammered by all the other parties and I’m wondering why? Some members of UKIP have made some serious errors, but are those same other parties free from blame. Do you remember the biblical story of the sinless casting the first stone? Labour had two muppets sent down for expenses fraud. Tories have had bad muppets galore, including that man Atkinson who got sent down, plus all the fuss about their backing from the likes of Archer, and of course the latest news about a candidate today. Liberals, well Cyril Smith is enough methinks, but also the fuss over perjury over a speeding fine and points one of the took part in. No, those three are all the same, not matter who they are. But you know what? I might just give UKIP my vote this time around.

Jan came out with one yesterday. ‘Next time we go aboard, can we go to Greece?’ ‘Greece?’ I says, ‘it’s full of Greeks’. But actually, I wouldn’t mind going to have a look around. Jan also mention Belgium because it’s not too far and it has some nice, empty beaches. The biggest plus for us would be that we could take our car with us. So I shall be looking into it later today; not that we can afford it right now of course. But it’s nice to dream eh … … …

Today’s photo is one of the first I did with my new Nikon … 

St Nics parish church.

Today’s funny …

The Pentagon announced that its fight against ISIS will be called Operation Inherent Resolve. They came up with that name using Operation Random Thesaurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment