Thursday 12 March 2015

Waffling on eyes



12 March

This morning I had to go out to collect my new specs, and so far they are proving fine. I’ve been a client with Specsavers for years now but after that fart about last Friday I’m not so sure I shall be going back to them. These new ones from Vision Express were here yesterday; at Specsavers I would have a week to ten day wait for them. What isn’t so clever though, is that I have had to do the field of vision test again today, and the result isn’t so good. That isn’t their fault of course but it doesn’t look for me though. I been thinking though; my eyes are feeling very tired today, and a little bit gritty too. I’m hoping I haven’t picked up Kile’s conjunctivitis. And speaking of eyes …

Have you noticed just how white most peoples’ eyes are? I’ve noticed it in loads of folks and I wonder how they manage it. My eyes are pretty much always red, some days they are worse than others though. Is it being diabetic, or high blood pressure I wonder; or maybe even a mixture of them both? Whatever it is, they don’t look all that healthy to my mind. But do you know what? Reading doesn’t seem to affect them at all.

Oh dear, how have I managed to live these last 40 hours? I’ve not seem any news since Tuesday evening. Last night we were sat watching the last of the Lord of the Rings DVDs. Kile asked to watch it last time he was here but he asked far too late that evening for us to start it. We got it watched yesterday anyway. Now I need to find one to watch later after the news; Netflix choice me thinks.

I’m sorry guys n gals, I’m waffling here; time to cut it short. Today’s photo …

A black swan at LWT.

Today’s funny comes from our Friendly Sage …

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head.
She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, 'Why are some of your hairs white, Mum?'
Her mother replied, 'Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white.'
The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, 'Mummy, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white  

No comments:

Post a Comment