Wednesday 24 September 2014

On being lazy, on being greedy and the emergency brake



24 September

At long last we have finally got mother’s affairs cleared up and we can start to relax a wee bit. To start that off I have today booked us a holiday to Majorca for a week. I’ll post the dates later on. The big shocker though is the insurance, booked through Saga; £186 for both of us for a week. Now though, it’s time to move on.

The other day I actually made an effort and did some more to my new Fred Cooper story but typing up what I had actually hand written. There I was ready to start writing again and a phone call put all that to one side. Seeing as we are having a quiet evening this evening I’ll see if I can get a bit more too. Truth be told, I’ve got quite lazy and really just couldn’t be bothered with it. So I really do need to get myself sorted out and get on with it.

Last week time I picked up a heck of a head cold and it really did knock me about. The result was that I spent a lot of time just sitting and watching telly and a bit of reading too. For some daft reason I really do hit rock bottom when I have a head cold. Most other illnesses I seem to just get on with and deal with them. Head colds, no way. Its lemsip and keeping warm that helps.

The latest I’ve heard about the damage and vandalism out back is that the cops know who it was, great … BUT … there’s mental illness involved and that prevents them from even interviewing her. That really get up my nose! All too often I’ve seen things being done and being got away with because of a claim of mental health. One day someone will wake to the false claims and deal with it … hopefully … perhaps … with luck … but I won’t hold my breath though … … …

Our chicken dinner the other day was really lovely. We both enjoyed it and just about cleared her plate; I always do, but there again, I’m a greedy sod. I have found a problem with such large dinners though. Since Sunday I have found that I haven’t been very hungry at all. Like yesterday; I had two slices of toast for lunch, but come dinner time I didn’t fancy anything at all. Now that is very strange for me, and fairly new too. By ‘not fancying’, I mean, I’m not hungry. The following morning I’m still not hungry. I shall keep an eye on in case I need to speak to anyone about it.      

And so for today’s photo … 

Fussing about with her hair.

And today’s funny is from the Sage … thanks buddy …

"I'm not going to cite you," said the officer. "I just wanted to warn you that the reflector on the back of your buggy is broken and it could be dangerous."
 "I thank thee," replied the Amish lady. "I shall have my husband repair it as soon as I return home."
 "Also," said the officer, "I noticed one of your reins to your horse is wrapped around his testicles. Some people might consider this cruelty to animals so you should have your husband check that too."
"Again I thank thee. I shall have my husband check this when I get home."
True to her word, when the Amish lady got home, she told her husband about the broken reflector. He said he would put a new one on immediately.
"Also," said the Amish woman, "the policeman said there was something wrong with the emergency brake." 

No comments:

Post a Comment