Thursday 25 September 2014

Impaled, parking rip off and stuff I forgot to ask about



25 September

The front page of today’s Dorktown News has the story of a man who has managed to get himself impaled onto a spike of a metal fence. The spike entered his arm pit. He had to claim onto a wall to get high enough for this to happen, which admits he did. However, I don’t really believe him. His claim is that he climbed up there to look at some fish in the River Anker; but looking at the photo of where it happened, and knowing the area of course, it all seems a bit strange really. I was hoping that the News had posted an item on Facebook about it and I could share the link, but they haven’t. Ah well … … …

Yesterday when I booked our week away I forgot to ask some pretty important questions. I did ask about scooter hire out there but forgot to ask if we could take our walkers and if so how much would it cost. They would allow us not to have to hire scooters and make thinks a lot better for us. Our medication is OK, but what about Jan’s stoma kit? I didn’t take our passports with me either so all in all, not a very good job by me. Hopefully I shall get all the answers just after 4pm today. With a bit of luck I might even get our tickets too.

Airport parking is a rip off. The travel agent looked up prices for parking in a car park we used last time we went away and compared it with parking at Birmingham International. We have paid £25 to park at the same site as before but if we wanted to park at the airport, prices started at £72. Take into consideration that you can walk from the car park to the airport, while for £25 we get return bus transfers, well that £72 is a rip off to my mind.

In this morning’s post was an invoice for £120 for replacing a part on Jan’s scooter. This is the second one we’ve and that one to two was refused payment. We no longer have the scooter, the supplier came and took it away, their receipt is sat her in front of me. So why should be pay for the repair? Jan didn’t break the part, it just snapped off when she was using it. Jan phoned them and told them that for the second time. Hopefully she won’t have to do it again!

Today’s photo is a group of four in one actually …

 Top left is mam and dad; top right is me on the left, mam and Dave; bottom left is mam in the kitchen; bottom right is mam and dad in the living room.

And today’s funny …

A fellow’s wife went missing and being that everyone knew that he and his wife were in a big fight he was accused of murdering her and disposing of the body. When witness after witness came to the stand testifying to all sorts of horrible threats that the accused threatened his wife and things were looking quite dim for the accused the man’s lawyer got up to the stand. “Ladies and Gentleman of the jury I have something quite exciting to tell you, if you would all please direct your attention towards the door behind me on my left you will see the supposedly dead women walk in on her own two feet.” There was a loud murmuring in the courtroom as all eyes turned towards the door. “Ladies and Gentleman” said the lawyer after a few seconds of anxious waiting, “To be honest with you, Nobody is going to be walking through the door, however from the fact that your eyes all turned towards the door it is quite obvious that you are not sure beyond the shadow of a doubt about my client’s guilt.” To the lawyer’s great surprise, the jury decided that the man was guilty. “But how could you say that he is guilty? Didn’t I prove it to you?” Questioned the lawyer. “It is true that we all turned towards the door,” one old lady explained, “but there was person who didn’t.” “Whose that?” Questioned the indignant lawyer. “Your client.” Came the reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment