Wednesday 3 September 2014

Low today, the media and a challenge



2 September

Oh dear … feeling pretty low today. Right from last night I’ve been having a strange sensation from my waist, down my back and the back of my legs. It feels like a mild sunburn. But whatever it is, it’s making me feel pretty rotten. I did think it might be flu coming on; but whatever, I still have to keep on.

And so the British fugitives are no longer fugitives. It was all a con by the hospital involved to cover their backsides. Questions now need to be asked as it why the cops and CPS allowed it to be used in this way. There are other questions to be asked too. When I first heard a news report on this one, it was claimed that the parents were Jehovah’s Witnesses. My reaction was, ‘Bloody JWs again!’ I bet I wasn’t the one to think that.

How did the media get hold of that one I wonder? If no-one did give them that, why did they use it? Is the media still out of control? It looks like it to me. Add that to all fuss of the search of Cliff Richards home seem to indicate that media power still hasn’t been properly curbed. The police admit in a Select Committee hearing yesterday that a reporter already knew about it and that he would publish it even if the cops didn’t cooperate. That sounds like an abuse of power and information to me!

We have just questioned two lads who were walking around the back garden area. It’s something we always do, especially when they are right outside our back door! Well, it seems they were visiting the gran over the way and she had sent them over to see June, next door but two to us. Jan gave them a warning that anyone walking around out there is likely to be challenged at some point. Now I’m sitting here waiting for the mucky stuff to hit the fan. Some folks just don’t like themselves or their families being challenged. After what happened outside here the other week, tuff luck on them!

Today’s photo then … 

Crushed muggles.

Today’s funny …

An old man lived alone in Russia. He wanted to dig his carrot garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison for bank robbery. The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his predicament. Shortly, he received this reply,” For HEAVEN’S SAKE Dad, don’t dig up that garden, that’s where I buried the Money!” At 4 A.M. the next morning, a dozen policemen showed up and dug up the entire garden, without finding any money. Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what happened, and asking him what to do next. His son’s reply was: “Now plant your carrots, Dad. It’s the best I could do from here.”        

No comments:

Post a Comment