Tuesday 30 April 2013

Time's flying, errors, two of everything is not needed



30 April 2013

Well, just look at that date!  It's the end of April already.  Where on earth is all the time going?  No wonder I'm feeling knackered ;-)))

We writers are always being told to produce manuscripts that are as near faultless as we can.  In today's post there's my copy of Writing Magazine.  I shall be going through it with my red pen to hand this time.  Why?  I'm currently reading James Herbert's Ash, and a cracking story it is too, well worth buying guys n gals.  Anyway, as I've read it I've found quite a few errors in it, missing words mainly, a few items where upper case should have been used and so on.  So the question arises, is it just the lesser or unknown writer who has to be spot on with their work?  Herbert isn't the only writer I've found errors creeping into work; Tom Clancy - especially now he's writing with a co-writer; Peter James; Ian Rankin; Michael Connelly, and a lot more too.  It makes me wonder if having been a successful writer they stop really caring.  I hope not!

Both Jan and I have Motability cars.  This allows us to go off and do what we want.  Normally we go together for birding and photography but tomorrow is an example of where us having our own cars really helps.  Jan is driving down to Ringwood in Hampshire for the day to see her sister.  I'm not really one for visiting people like that so while Jan is off tomorrow I shall take the opportunity to drive to Brum for a few hours to do a bit snapping with my camera.  Sunday's is another day when I go off while Jan is at church.  See, it does help.  The thing is ...

Motability who supplies the cars, is a charity.  Every three months are so they send out a magazine called Lifestyle.  It's an interesting read too.  But do we really need a copy each?  Surely it can be sorted so that where there are agreements in place at one address in the same surname, they can sort it out that only one magazine is sent out.  I even used to get it when I had my scooter on the scheme.  Motability is not the only who could save cash by trying up addresses.  We are members of Warwickshire Wild Life Trust; we are also members of Norfolk Wildlife Trust and at one time we were members of Lancashire Wildlife trust.  We used to get copies of each of their magazines come through the post.  But each trust is linked to the National Wildlife Trust.  So as well as each individual county mag we also got a copy of the national mag too.  Two copies of one mag is really daft, three copies is plainly stupid!

So now I have to find another photo ... 

shoots on a tree at Attenborough.  The tree itself has been heavily cut back, right down to about a foot above ground level.  If the intention was to kill the three, it clearly hasn't worked!

And a funny for today ...

It has recently been discovered that the most common sexual position for married couples is the Doggie. This is where the husband sits up and begs, whilst the wife rolls over and plays dead.              

No comments:

Post a Comment