Tuesday 23 April 2013

Shopping, blinds and James Herbert



23 April 2013

We need to get some shopping done today; Jan is at the dentist at 2pm so I'm going to do this so I can get going.  I would have gone earlier but we've had someone come round to measure up for some blinds for the rear window and door.  What a game that was.  At the store where we booked the appointment we were told that the cost would £40 each for two blinds and there is not fitting charge.  The girl who came today has gone off muttering because of it claiming that they know at the store that her samples and prices are a good deal more than those quoted in the store.  So one again we end up as piggy in the middle, and we're not happy about it.  Anyway, the blinds are ordered and due fitted in four weeks. 

That week will be a busy week for us what with hospital and GP visits, a weekend away in Brighton, picking up our new car and leaving the following day for a two week break in Western Super Mare.  By the time we arrive in Western we will need are two week break.  I've also booked an appointment with our foot butcher for four days after we leave; so that's another job I have to do, letting her know.

It looks like our neighbours June and Tony have found themselves a bargain.  They have a lot of family and friends in the Chapel St Leonards area.  One of their friends phone to say that there was static caravan for sale for just over a grand.  June's sister went round and went and had a look and confirmed it was good buy.  They now own it.  They are both very happy about it.  Personally I spent four days in a static owned by some other friends of ours there a year or two ago and wasn't impressed.  It was cold and wet.  I had been toying with the idea of buying one before that but that our days put me right off the idea, not my idea of fun at all.

I'm currently reading James Herbert's Ash, which I think is his last book.  The blurb on the back says it's his most contentious book yet.  I think I can agree with that.  It starts with the death of Princess Diana dying in that tunnel in Paris ... but did she?  That's just part of the story line.  He makes a lot of claims about Harold Wilson and Ted Heath; King Edward after he abdicated, Winston Churchill and any others, all dead of course.  It's all wrapped in a tale of corruption and ghosts and evil spirits.  Not a bad read if you want something get into.            

That photo of mum I posted the other day has now been entered into a photo competition, my first attempt at entering one.  Let's hope eh ;-)))  So for today then I offer ... 

Prince's Street Gardens looking towards Waverly Station. 

Today's funny ...

Went around to a friends house today. His wife was sat there with their newborn baby. She asked if I'd like to wind it.... I thought that was a bit harsh so I gave it a dead leg instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment