Wednesday 3 April 2013

Local rags, court case and a starling



3 April 2013

One day a week, usually Wednesday we get a free copy of the Dorktown News through the letter box.  Why they do it I don't know but it seems a waste of resources to me.  We also receive a copy of Dorktown Tribune too, just as every property in the town does.  Years ago the Tribune was the regular evening paper but it lost out when the News started up.  There was also a weekly paper called the Observer as well and that closed at the same time as the Trib went weekly.  Another free paper we used to get was the Trader.  That closed years ago and to be honest, I don't remember much about it; shows how good it was I suppose.  Back to today's News then ...

Front page is about the trial of the driver who hit and killed a young man on the A444 last September.  The driver failed to stop after the accident and that is what the trial is about really.  The driver is pleading not guilty.  His defence is that he and his two passengers were aware he hit something but couldn't see what it was and thought it was some sort of 'animal'.  I should imagine that his car would have been damaged when it happened so if he had stopped to check his car then he might have seen the victim.  Finding him and getting help out to him quicker might have saved the lad's life!  Too late now of course.

Somewhere I have a cracking photo of a starling taking when the sun was shining on it showing up the amazing colours of its plumage.  I can't find that one right but I do have this one ... 

taken in our back garden when we lived in Bed'th.

Today's funny ...          

A Drover walks into a bar with a pet crocodile by his side.
He puts the crocodile up on the bar. He turns to the astonished patrons. 'I'll make you a deal. I'll open this crocodile's mouth and place my manhood inside. Then the croc will close his mouth for one minute.
'Then he'll open his mouth and I'll remove my unit unscathed. In return for witnessing this spectacle, each of you will buy me a drink.'
The crowd murmured their approval. The man stood up on the bar, dropped his trousers, and placed his Credentials and related parts in the crocodile's open mouth.
The croc closed his mouth as the crowd gasped.
After a minute, the man grabbed a beer bottle and smacked the crocodile really, really hard on the top of its head.
The croc opened his mouth and the man removed his genitals unscathed as promised.
The crowd cheered, and the first of his free drinks were delivered.
The man stood up again and made another offer. 'I'll pay anyone $100 who's willing to give it a try.'
A hush fell over the crowd. After a while, a hand went up in the back of the bar.
A blonde woman timidly spoke up..........
'I'll try it - Just don't hit me so hard with the beer bottle!'

No comments:

Post a Comment