Friday 26 April 2013

Kile, birding and a change of GP practice



26 April 2013

Jan is getting more and more stressed out over Red Roofs GP practice.  They are continuing to be difficult over her stoma prescription.  Yesterday I collected our normal monthly medication from our pharmacy to find that they had also issued three boxes of stoma bags that they normally don't supply.  However, the bags are of no use to Jan seeing as she was taken off them a few weeks after the operation.  And so it goes on.  This morning she is going to another GP practice to see about moving there.  If they have a diabetes clinic or nurse then I shall be moving there too.  The thing is, my family have been with Red Roofs since before WW2.  In all the 64 years I have used them I have never experienced such poor care services. 

We are due to have Kile this weekend.  Tomorrow will be another birding day and we will be taking him to Attenborough reserve just outside Nottingham.  I took Kile birding to Brandon Marsh last year sometime and he has kept on about going birding again.  He'll get his wish tomorrow.  At least then we won't be stuck in here with him playing the Wll or whatever.  It should be a good day.  Sunday he'll go to church with Jan and I shall disappear off for the day - but I don't know where yet; somewhere where I can get lots of photos.  Out of the 110 I got on Wednesday I managed to get 12 that are of any use - ah well ... ... ...

There's been hardly anything to write about in the Dorktown News this week, that's mainly why I haven't mentioned it before.  However, there is one story to merit a word or two.  A burglar has been arrested after a nationwide series of robberies in churches across the UK.  When he was arrested he had ordnance survey maps showing churches across Yorkshire highlighted.  The crimes began just one day after being released from a jail.  He's got another four years to dream up another load of robberies now.  But when he was arrested he complained about churches not being so lucrative as targets now that they were banging their money much more often.  Cheeky sod!

A photo for today ... 

part of a block of flats in Dorktown.

Funny time ...

I was driving this morning when I saw an RAC van parked up. The driver was sobbing uncontrollably and looked very miserable. I thought to myself ‘that guy’s heading for a breakdown’.

No comments:

Post a Comment