Friday 5 April 2013

CPAP, The Hussy and the Clarks



5 April 2013

A 10.30 appointment at the Walsgrave ultimately lead to us seeming to spend the rest of the day out and about - even though we got it around 3(ish).  But by then I was feeling really tired again.  Sitting at home having a mug of tea and it dawned on me that I hadn't had anything to eat all day again.  In fact I hadn't had anything from about 8pm the night before.  No wonder I was feeling so dammed worn out!  That won't happen again!

The appointment at the Walsgrave went fine.  It was about the sleep apnoea I have and downloading the data off the SD card in the CPAP machine I have to use.  It was an annual check up and everything was fine.  My CPAP use is at 92% and I'm getting an average nine and a half hours sleep a night.  It makes no sense to me that other guys hardly ever use their CPAP machines and still complain that they keep falling asleep during the day.  Why go to see a GP and get referred on and issued with a CPAP and not use it?  Makes no sense at all.

The Hussy is on the front page of the News again today.  They now have seven wards with Norvo Virus infections.  Why they keep having this thing happening so often is a real problem and I'm starting to get a bit concerned if Jan or me end up in there as an emergency admission.  Right now I don't think the hospital is safe and performing very well at all.

Some time ago I got hold of gran and granddad Clark's wedding certificate and I thought I had managed to lose it during the sort out ready for the move here to the flat.  Well, I didn't lose it and it's not in the A4 folder I shall be taking to Edinburgh next Monday ready for a couple of days of looking at the Clark side of my family.  I shall also try look at the maternal side as well.  I know nothing about them at all, not even a name.  Not sure how much I can do in just four days though ... we'll see.  At some time I shall get down to the Forest of Dean too and see if I can find anything at all to do with the Jayne side of the family.  They can be easily trace back to around 1802 and then the trail goes quiet.  Maybe a trawl through the local records there might show something up.  After all, famines just don't spring up out of nowt do they?  Well, not unless they were parachuted in by passing Martians that is ;-)))

Today's photo is a scan of two photos and they are of great interest to me because of the people in it ...  

The top one is shows gran and granddad Jayne and my mother in deck chairs and either my or brother Dave's head just getting in on the shot.  The bottom one is a bit of a cracker to me.  Right to left as you look at it are grandma Clark, granddad Jayne standing, grandma Jayne sitting, aunty Eva with her back turned to the camera (she hated having her photo taken), and sat separately my mother again.  Granddad Clark died in 1938 and as far as I know there are no photos of him, shame that really.

Funny time ...

A woman in a supermarket is following a grandfather and his badly behaved 3 year-old grandson.  It's obvious to her that he has his hands full with the child screaming for sweets in the sweet aisle, biscuits in the biscuit aisle; and for fruit, cereal and pop in the other aisles.
Meanwhile, Granddad is working his way around, saying in a controlled voice, "Easy, William, we won't be long . . . easy, boy."
Another outburst, and she hears the granddad calmly say, "It's okay, William, just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there, boy."
At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart, and Granddad says again in a controlled voice, "William, William, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool, William."
Very impressed, the woman goes outside where the grandfather is loading his groceries and the boy into the car.
She said to the elderly gentleman, "It's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay.  William is very lucky to have you as his grandpa."
"Thanks," said the grandfather, "but I'm William . .. . the little b*****d's name is Kevin."                    

No comments:

Post a Comment