Wednesday 30 May 2012

Update on Jan, work, and ten again

30 May 2001

It's surprising just how well some people seem to get over having an operation.  I visited Jan yesterday evening and she was tired and had a little pain but otherwise was fine.  Be glad when she's back here though so I can keep an eye on her.  We've been told it will probably be a week to 10 days though.  I shall have to be patient won't I ;-)))  She can't actually be all that because when I phoned a short time ago she was asking for her jewellery to be taken in to her ;-)))

I've got a lot to do around here over the next few days.  Actually, I have far too much to do really for one person but I shall just have to take it easy and get it all done slowly.  And on top of all that I need to get more work on Photo Finish.  As usual time is short again - ah well, must get on.  First job I think is to sort out a load of old books and get them down to a charity shop.


Oh what a choice for today's photo ... 

This one I got ages ago.  Jan with the walking stick, mother in the wheel chair and Kile's mum Sam doing the pushing.

A man asked his wife what she'd like for her birthday. "I'd love to be ten again," she replied.
 
On the morning of her birthday, he arose early, got up, brought her a nice big bowl of Coco Pops and then took her off to the local theme park. What a day! He put her on every ride in the park: the Death Slide, the Wall of Fear, the Screaming Monster Roller Coaster, everything there was.  Five hours later she staggered out of the theme park. Her head was reeling and her stomach felt upside down. Right away, they journeyed to a McDonald's where her loving husband ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a refreshing chocolate shake.
Then it was off to the cinema to see the latest blockbuster, a hot-dog, popcorn, a drink and her favorite sweets, M M's. What a fabulous adventure!
Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed exhausted. He leaned over his precious wife with a big smile and lovingly asked,
"Well, dear, what was it like being ten again?"
Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed.
"You idiot, I meant my dress size!"
The moral of the story:
Even when a man is listening, he's gonna get it wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment