Saturday 5 May 2012

Black Dog day yesterday

5 May 2012

It has never taken much to send me in a depressive mood.  Yesterday was one the worst days I've had in a long time.  The news that DLA was on the way out really hit me hard.  You see, I get the mobility component of DLA which pays for my car.  I also get the care component at the lowest rate so the loss in actual cash terms is not all that much.  But the loss of the car will be a massive hit that will in all likely hood will leave me house bound seeing as my walking is oh so limited. 

Anyone who is close to or actually at the age of 65 are likely to be the first to be hit by the changes.  Why?  At the moment if you get DLA before you reach 65 then you keep it on reaching that age.  But you can't claim it once you are 65.  The same will happen with PIP.  Everyone claiming DLA is about to lose it.  Then you have to claim PIP.  So what quicker way is there of saving money in the shortage time possible than by refusing PIP to those 65 who currently get DLA?  Are you getting the picture now?  In my case I will lose my DLA in October next year.  That will leave us £300 a month worse off.  The car will be gone too and that is what takes the largest amount of that £300.  I'm sure there is a case for discrimination here but I'm not sure it will ever be taken up.  It should be, but I doubt it.

In the Telegraph today there is the story of a man who tried to kill a 14 year old boy by cutting his jugular with a carving knife.  What the hell was he think of?  What had the lad done to deserve it?  That's right - nowt at all!  He has been found guilty he hasn't been sentenced yet, but he should be looking at a life sentence for this.   

And talking of crime and punishment - the first hanging at Tyburn in London took place on this day in 1760.  In 1818 Karl Marx was born on May 5. 

Today's photo is of a grey heron ... 

taken at Coomb Abbey.

And I suppose you will want a funny ...

The silver haired lady confronted her doctor with a complaint of pains all over her body.  "Be more precise," he said. "So I can help you, try pointing
to some of the places that hurt.
The silver-haired doll put her finger on her arm and said, "Ouch!" then her finger to her hip and said, "Ouch!" and then to her rib cage and said, "Ouch!" again.
The doctor stopped her and asked, "Were you a blonde before your hair greyed"?
"Why yes!" she said excitedly, "But how did you know?"
The Doc answered, "Your finger's broken."             

No comments:

Post a Comment