Friday 11 May 2012

Champers, neighbours and cows

11 May 2012

When we moved back into here in January 2009 we found a lot of stuff that brother Dave had bought and hadn’t used.  I mentioned some of it yesterday but we also found several bottles of wine.  Now, I like wine, so I put a bottle of white wine in the fridge ready for the evening.  It was bloody awful!  It had gone very ropey.  Not willing to risk the others they went down the drain – apart from one bottle.  There was also a bottle of Bollinger Champagne.  We looked it up on the ‘net this morning because I was thinking of giving it away to a friend …. But then we saw the price to replace it - £52!  It’s staying where it is for now and I will find a reason to drink it later … maybe my 65th birthday next year will do.

Arsonists have struck again in Dorktown.  This time petrol was poured over the front door of a property in which three people were sleeping side.  That door was also the only exit from the property.  There could well have been a tragedy there.  The adults managed to get the fire extinguished before the fire service arrived it does make you wonder just what these morons are thinking about when they do this.  Of course, there may be an on-going row there I suppose but even so, setting fire to their home with them inside it is well OTT.

Have you ever noticed that when someone dies people stand up and say how good they were, how popular and clever and caring and so on.  When I hear all this I often wonder just how true these comments are.  The dead person may have been a vicious thieving thug but instead of saying so they say he was kind hearted and popular – why?  It’s like some years ago when a 16 year old lad was killed in a nightclub in Hinckley.  All the ‘good boy’ comments came out as usual but no-one asked the main question that should have been asked, “What was a 16 year old doing in a nightclub at 1am in the first place?”    

So what do you make the child sex ring up north then?  Nine Asians have been sent down and arrests are pending on a number of others.  The racial/religious aspect is being played down but I do remember when all this first hit the headlines some time ago that the racial aspect was right up front in the reporting.  But let’s face it – would these nine Asians have treated Muslim or Hindu girls in the same way?  Of course not!  Like it or not, there was a racial aspect to it all.  I wonder just how long it has been going on though and how many young women are now living with the consequences of it.  I suppose we will never really know we will. 

When my parents bought this house Jan and I now live in 43 years ago, there was hardly any immigrant families living in the street.  The first one we became aware of was when Mr Husain moved in next door to us.  Over those 43 years there has never been even a whisper of any trouble between then and anyone else in the street.  We are friends with another Asian family at the bottom of the street.  Raj asked me about the camera round my neck one day as I went past.  From there our friendship has grown, I even got invited to his son’s wedding last year – and very good it was too.  So it is with all the Asians here in our street.  This makes what happened up north so sad and shocking.  It tarnishes all Asians when something this happens.  Sad really … … …
Today’s photo was taken in 2003 using a Fuji 2800 zoom camera … 

rather a good shot this one.

This on a real goody …

Victoria Beckham and her driver were cruising along a country road one evening when a cow ran in front of the car. The driver tried to avoid it but couldn't - the cow was killed. Posh told her driver to go up to the farmhouse and explain to the owners what happened.
About an hour later, the driver staggered back to the car with his clothes in disarray. He was holding a bottle of wine in one hand, a cigar in the other and smiling happily.
"What happened?" asked Posh . "Well," the driver replied, "the farmer gave me the wine, his wife gave me the cigar, and their beautiful daughter made mad passionate love to me."
"My goodness, what did you tell them?" asked Posh.
The driver replied: "I just said that I'm Victoria Beckham's driver, and I just killed the cow."        

No comments:

Post a Comment