Thursday 3 May 2012

On being tired, phone masts and bed sores

3 May 2012

No idea what was wrong with me yesterday but I felt tired all day, very tired.  We still went shopping though but this time I drove to Asda in Tamworth for a change.  On the way home we called in at the White Swan in Neither Whitcare for a pint. Jan had put her foot down with a firm hand and demanded a drink drink, not a soft drink.  The pint was OK, I had a Bombardier; the pub wasn't so good though.  We won't be stopping there again in a rush.  When we got home Jan mentioned the three blokes who were in there.  as we left they were staring their 3rd pint of larger; and yet they had two work vans sat outside.  We had both thought about shopping them to the cops but didn't.  That's what Jan mentioned them for.  Anyway, bed time and at 11pm I was nodding off while trying to read so I settled then.  I woke at 1230am needing a wee and realized that I must have gone down as soon as I settled.  Top and bottom of it all, no News for yesterday so now I have to try to catch up ;-)))

It seems that Dorktown Council has make a cock in a planning application.  I didn't know until yesterday that the council had a time limit for the respond to planning applications.  Vodafone and Telefonica had applied for applied for permission to place a new mast in the Whitestone area of the town.  The council didn't respond in the allowed time limit so it looks like the mast will now go ahead through the council's incompetence!  But is it incompetence?  I wouldn't be surprised to hear later that the delay was intentional so the mast could go ahead.  Our load of seat warmers in the council don't surprise me at all when come to what they do or don't do.  But was it the actually elected council?  See,  we wall blame the council for this and that yet in might not actually be the Council, but the council employees who had made the cock up.  I bet we don't find out either!

According to the Inside Out programme on the BEEB last night, the major problem in not developing a water national grid is not just about cost; it's because the Environment Agency has so many obstructions and so on that it is actually impossible to do so.  Cost does come into it but something I hadn't thought about was that if the South Heath and East Anglia get so much water from areas where is there is so much, there might be a shortage in those areas too.  On the same subject, I read in the Daily Mail yesterday that Thames Water had sold off 20 if its reservoirs knowing full well that they were going to filled in and used for housing.  This happened just after Mad Maggie sold off the water industry.  Those reservoirs could now go a long way to reducing or even preventing the current situation down there.  It makes me wonder just how many of the others did likewise!

The Hussy Hospital is trumpeting its latest war win.  It seems that it has won the war with bed sores would you believe.  But hand on, surely if they were doing the job properly in the first place there would be a need to go to war on the issue.  We all know that the media like to exaggerate things I'm sure, but the issue is still the same.

Our wonderful police service are advising to keep our doors locked, even if we are in the house at the time.  We all ready do that anyway because we are sick of one family member stealing of us every time he visits us.  One of our friends across the road is very severally disabled and can't get up to the door every time someone calls.  She's a popular lass too so there are a lot of visitors.  The result is that her door is left open.  I have just thought of something that might help her.  When Jan goes over later today she will mention one of those security systems where you have to press a button gain entry.  At least then she would be safe, or safer anyway!

Today's photo then is of the new British Library with St Pancras Station behind it ... 

I liked the idea of the new and old together.

And today's funny ...
 
Bubba was bragging to his boss one day, "You know, I know everyone there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them.  Tired of his boasting, his boss called his bluff, "OK, Bubba how about Tom Cruise?"
"Sure, yes, Tom and I are old friends, and I can prove it." So Bubba and his boss fly out to Hollywood and knock on Tom Cruise's door, and sure enough, Tom Cruise, shouts, "Bubba! Great to see you! You and your friend come right in and join me for lunch!"
Although impressed, Bubba's boss is still sceptical. After they leave Cruise's house, he tells Bubba that he thinks Bubba's knowing Cruise was just lucky.
"No, no, just name anyone else," Bubba says.
"President Clinton," his boss quickly retorts.
"Yes," Bubba says, "I know him, let's fly out to Washington."
And off they go. At the White House, Clinton spots Bubba on the tour and motions him and his boss over, saying, "Bubba, what a surprise, I was just on my way to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let's have a cup of coffee first and catch up."
Well, the boss is very shaken by now, but still not totally convinced. After they leave the White house grounds, he expresses his doubts to Bubba, who again implores him to name anyone else.
"The Pope," his boss replies.
"Sure!" says Bubba.
"My folks are from Poland, and I've known the Pope a long time."
So off they fly to Rome. Bubba and his boss are assembled with the masses in Vatican Square when Bubba says, "This will never work. I can't catch the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope."
And he disappears into the crowd headed toward the Vatican. Sure enough, half an hour later Bubba emerges with the Pope on the balcony. But by the time Bubba returns, he finds that his boss has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics.
Working his way to his boss' side, Bubba asks him, "What happened?"
His boss looks up and says, "I was doing fine until you and the Pope came out on the balcony and the man next to me said, "Who's that on the balcony with Bubba?"         

No comments:

Post a Comment