Saturday 16 July 2011

Oh dear ... missed a day


16 July 2011
No idea what went wrong yesterday, well, yes I do I suppose.  My first book had come back from my proof reader (thanks Bill), and I had to go through the file and correct all the bits he had picked up ... and there was a lot of them too!  Anyway, the third proof copy is now ordered and as usual it will take around 3 weeks to arrive from the States.  I shall be trying a different company for the next one! 

The next book is called House of Pain and I have actually finished the writing, now I have to do all the formatting and proofing again.  With The Mission I not only numbered the chapters I also gave them each a title.  With this one they will be just numbered.  The next task I suppose it to decide which of the half dozen started stories I shall work on now, Happyman seems favourite. 

We were late up this morning, and I do mean late.  I eventually woke up at 10.40, now that is late and very unusual for us.  Now we both feel more tired than when we get up at our normal time.  I was hoping for a ride into town on my scooter today but it’s raining quite hard right now and I don’t fancy getting soaking wet just for the sake of it.  Tomorrow we were hoping to go to Richmond Park in London to do some birding and some photography but the forecast is for more rain all day, so London is out.

My copy of Bird Watching arrived today – at least I will have something interesting to read for the rest of today, unless I keep on working on here instead.  

So then, part of Fleet Street’s teeth are being pulled at long last!  I stopped buying the Sun and the News of the World, in fact all red-tops in the 1970s.  What finally put me off them was a picture of Grace Kelly lying in her coffin on the front page of the Sun.  I found it very distasteful and that was enough for me!  For far too long the papers have been far too powerful and have got away with the double cries of ‘freedom of the press’ and ‘public interest’.  It’s about time they brought to heel.  Let’s just hope that those now responsible for sorting it all out don’t bottle out and give in to them!

On a lighter note, the Rochdale Sage had been in touch again ...

  A bloke gets a job at London Zoo, first day he's told to clean out the Pirahna tank, however he knocks one of the overhead lights into the water and electrocutes the lot. Oh my God what do I do with a tank full of dead Pirahna, I know I'll feed them to the Lions that will get rid of the evidence. The following day he's told to clean out the Chimp enclosure and cut the grass, while he's doing this he manages to mow a Chimp down. Oh no now what I'll be sacked he thinks, but no, he takes the dead Chimp and feeds it to the Lions. Day 3 He's in the insect house when he manages to drop an african bee hive into his mop bucket, rather than try and save the hive he uses his mop to smash it and the drowning bees to pieces. Now what he thinks, OK its off to the Lions for them. The following day a new female Lioness is introduced to the existing pride, while chatting with her new mates she asks whats the food like here. Not bad replies the male, lately we've had Fish, Chimps, and mushy bees.  

No comments:

Post a Comment