Wednesday 20 July 2011

Dirty dogs, drugs and bits of old rock

20 July 2011 

And it’s a good mornin’ from me and my Domestic Supervisor aka Jan, the wife.  Mind you, she does have head cold today that’s been building for some time.

News time – according the Dorktown News 2 lots were seen not cleaning up after their dogs; each was given a £50 fixed penalty by the dog warden.  Neither was paid so it went to court.  Neither defendant attended court and now they have £488.40 to pay, each that is!  Last year another guy was also fined for it and of course he had an excuse – “Why should I pick it up and carry it about until I find a bin to put it in?  If they want us to pick it up they should provide more bins!”  Didn’t wash in court and it still doesn’t.

There’s an International Jamboree on in Sweden it seems and 30 Scouts from Warwickshire are going.  OK, but in my day there was scouts and guides – now they’re all scouts ... equal opps at work it seems.

The other day I reported on the fire in our street.  Well, another guy here in Dorktown has also been court growing a large amount of cannabis and illegally by-passing his electric metre.  He was sentenced to 40 weeks on prison suspended for 2 years, 12 month supervision order and ordered to do 100 hours of unpaid community work.  But where’s the punishment?  Why hasn’t he been ordered to repay the cost of the electricity?  Why no court costs?  Who no picks up those bills?  Us muggings who live crime frees lives, that’s who!  And who was it said crime doesn’t pay?  What a joke!

I have to ask, do you have a Homestone?  Did here, “What’s a Homestone?”  Well, here’s ours ...
Any old bit of rock will do but we went for a slightly better quality version ;-)))





I used to make the front seats for these things up to 1967 when I joined the army.




How about this one then!  I only ever remember seeing these with a Morris badge so I was surprised to find this one with an Austin badge at a vintage vehicle show in Witlshire one Sunday.



A strangely coloured jackdaw at Bradgate Park.



A bull finch (top) and chaffinch (bottom) - you can clearly see the differences here.  


The Rochdale sage again ...

 While in China, a man is very sexually promiscuous and does not use a condom all the time. A week after arriving back home , he wakes one morning to find his penis covered with bright green and purple spots.

Horrified, he immediately goes to see a doctor. The doctor, never having seen anything like this before, orders some tests and tells the man to return in two days for the results.

The man returns a couple of days later and the doctor says, "I've got bad news for you, you've contracted Mongolian VD. It's very rare and almost unheard of here. We know very little about it."

The man looks a little perplexed and says, "Well, give me a shot or something and fix me up, Doc."

The doctor answers, "I'm sorry, there's no known cure. We're going to have to amputate your penis."

The man screams in horror, "Absolutely not! I want a second opinion." The doctor replies, "Well, it's your choice. Go ahead if you want but surgery is your only choice."

The next day, the man seeks out a Chinese doctor, figuring that he'll know more about the disease. The Chinese doctor examines his penis and proclaims, "Ah, yes, Mongolian VD. Vely rare disease." The guy says to the doctor, "Yeah, yeah, I already know that, but what can we do? My doctor wants to operate and amputate my penis!"

The Chinese doctor shakes his head and laughs, "Stupid blitish docta, always want to opelate. Make more money that way. No need to opelate!"

"Thank God!" the man replies.

"Yes," says the Chinese doctor, "You no worry! Wait two weeks. Faw off by self.

No comments:

Post a Comment