Monday 11 July 2011

More from yesterday

11 July 2011 

Here I sit up and ready for what the day might throw at me.  Normally when I go to London on Sunday’s I park at Brent Cross tube station and use the tube for getting around.  But as I said yesterday I drove into town and used my scooter instead.  The first result was that I was able to cover a much greater distance and therefore do a lot more.  Today I am now ready to go out again after lunch.  Before after a day in London I would be wasted for at least two, usually three or four days.  So, what now then ...

I promised photos didn’t I?  Here’s some of what I got yesterday but I’m not impressed with most of them.  Certainly ones done on my Nikon 5100 are far too grainy, or noisy if you prefer.  I’ve since found that the problem was I had managed to change one of the settings on it ... I’ve put that right now!   

I should explain why I call this two dreams and a nap.  I would love to be able to ride one of those super-bikes, that orange really looks impressive to me, so there's two dreams.  The nap comes from the two scooters.  Why don't I ride one?  Well, I used to love normal cycling and in an effort to lose weight I bought a bike from Halfords.  First time out on the road on it and I turned back within a couple of minutes, my sense of balance has gone and I just didn't feel at all safe.  Can you then imagine me on a big bike like that orange one?  I can't!
Big Ben Tower ... behind bars?  Nope, I just saw it through the gates and railings and thought it worth a shot.
Candid shots are a favourite subject for me so I've extended slightly to include snapping snappers ... and I have a lot of them too, about 10 yesterday alone.
One of the Nikon shots this one.  But it does show another favourite subject for me, inside pubs.  This is the Garrick Arms, and the beer was nice too.
And here's the pub sign to go with it.
Another Nikon shot.  The National Portrait Gallery has a large circular concave mirror which gives you an upside down view of yourself as you can see.  It's a strange feeling to see yourself like that!
This Roller was parked up at Toddington services yesterday morning and seemed to be part of a large group of Asians on their way to a wedding.  I must say they all looked very smart in their white and gold togs.  
There is Art and there is art - this is art to my mind.  There are loads of these guys doing this now and they are all pretty much of a muchness really, no matter how different they are dressed.


What did I notice down there yesterday.  Well, the last time I was there I saw a few of the tric-ricsaw things out and about.  Yesterday there seemed to be hundreds and they were causing a lot of hassle for other road users.  Taxi drivers are getting very upset by them.  But there again, they are getting fewer fares now aren't they.  


Road works!  All over the place!  Oxford street is down to just one lane and very narrow it seems too.  I got caught between two taxis with a bus in front and behind them.  I hope that I was allowed to drive down there cos if not I have a fine on the way.  I didn't see any signs banning cars though.  


Well, enough for today methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment