Friday 22 July 2011

A new hobby perhaps?

22 July 2011

I missed one again yesterday, another down day for me I afraid.  It now looks like I’m stuck indoors for the next 6 or 7 weeks ... bratislavra are of school for the summer holidays!  I think they are all fine when they are tucked up in bed fast asleep or playing in the fast lane of the M6 at 3 am with lanes 1 and 2 closed!  ;-)))

In any case we are due to have our granddad son for a few days when he comes out of school today.  As Jan got up she said, “My cold has gone I should be OK to take Kile to the seaside tomorrow.”  “Humph,” I replied – first thing in the morning isn’t my best time of day!  A quick trip to the lavi and on the way the stairs I thought, “Hang on, we have that camcorder Dave left.  I’ll see if it still works.”  Well, it probably does but the batteries need charging and I can’t find the charging cable.  I’ve got a bid on one on ebay.  OK, we won’t have it ready for tomorrow of course but it will be ready for later ... if I can find the tapes and the usb cable and the ... ... ... ... ...  Whatever, maybe I’m about to start a new hobby as a movie maker, watch out Spielberg!  I’m on your trail now! 

I’m hoping to get down into town today for a ride round and do a bit of shopping we didn’t get yesterday.  We did get the important stuff, like the ice lollies and cornetos and magnums and stuff – oh come on, Kile is coming and we have to loads of niceies for him ;-)))
Oh yes, yesterday we had the meeting over mother didn’t we!  Not good!  She is supposed to have cream applied to her legs twice a day, it hasn’t been done the 7th of this month.  In the last 6 weeks she’s had 2 baths and one shower ... the social worker wasn’t at all happy and neither were we.  Mother just sat totally oblivious to what was happening around her.  Thing is, the meeting was normal 6 week assessment of her having been moved to Harmony House.  The point I made was that if there was that much wrong with my mother’s care in just 6 weeks, how bad might it be for those who were not being assessed so often.  I have a feeling things might start changing.  And remember, all of this was after Jan complained about what she found last week!  Nowts been done since then but we will be keeping a close eye on her now.  We had none of the these problems when she was in the old place which Warwickshire County Council in their wisdom decided to close.  The last two residents there were moved out last Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment