Sunday 10 July 2011

A day out darn sarf

10 July 2011 

It’s late, I’m knackered, but I’ve had a great day!  The whole idea behind going to London today was to find out how the London galleries were adapted for disabled visitors.  There was no question as it ‘if’, they have no choice in it, the Law says they have to make such adaptations. 
  
I parked on St Martins Street and got my scooter out of the boot, and off I went to the National Portrait Gallery, the National Gallery and Tate Britain.  All were well adapted and I found them easy to get around as much as I wanted to.  BUT ... getting anywhere near the paintings was very difficult indeed.  The problem was the large crowds.  Now, I don’t want to give the impression that I’m  a prejudiced bigot but there was a large party of what I think were Italians who just barged their way around and wouldn’t give way to anyone.  Another time a guy was kind enough to hold a pair of doors open for me but before I could go through two young kids raced through in front of me and I nearly caught them on the front wheels of my scooter.  There’s nothing the galleries can do if such muppets are going to be going to behave like that, it’s a shame but that’s folks guys n gals.
I always tend to get a bit uppity when I’m driving on the motorway and see artic trucks speeding through road works where the speed limit is, say 50mph as it is on one section of the M1 right now.  Why do I get uppity?  Well, if I get a speeding ticket I have to pay the fine and I get 3 points on my licence.  Truckers and coach drivers don’t, they don’t even get to pay the fine, we do in higher charges on the services they provide.  As for the penalty points, no chance!  The claim by the operators is that they don’t know which of their drivers was driving at that time and that day.  CRAP!  Most truckers get allocated a truck and they remain with it until they get a new truck.  And in nay case, what about the tacho discs?  The driver details are listed on there, they have to be by Law.  So all they need is the reg number, date and time and the name of the driver can be found and passed on to the cops.  

Well, it’s now getting a late and I’m ready for me bed.  So that’s it for now ... ...  

Oh yes ... picis tomorrow ;-)))     

No comments:

Post a Comment