Sunday 16 November 2014

Up and down, walking not riding and everything is sold



16 November

Things have not been going so well just lately. My blood sugar levels have been up and down like a yoyo and back pain has been pretty much the same. On top of that I have taken on far too much. It struck me yesterday while we sat in the Felix Holt in town just how far behind I was in everything I wanted to do, and had to get done. The result has been that I have dropped out of NANO for this year. As of yesterday I was at least 6,000 words behind and with only 15 days to go I had no chance to catch up.

We were in town simply because we wanted to have a slow look around the market, so we were using our walkers, not our scooters. Jan then mentioned that it has to be nearly two months since we last went down there for the market. I managed to get a load of candid photos and buy a couple of out of date photo-mags while Jan got to a jewellers to take one of hers in for repair, and she managed to buy a few nice looking cakes as well.

All my Ebay items have sold and been paid for, so now I have to parcel them up ready for posting tomorrow morning; I also need to leave feedback for buyers prompt payment. Hopefully later today, I shall get all the other items I want to sell sorted out and photographed ready to be listed. This time I shall make sure the titles and descriptions are not so mixed up! At some point I also be looking to buy the 18-270mm lens I want for my Nikon. I’ve also been toying with getting a fast 35 or 50mm prime lens as well, we’ll see later.

Today’s photo then is from yesterday’s market … 

She saw me taking the shot, as you can see, ah well … … …

And today’s funny …

“Hi Sarah, listen I only have a minute. I’m about to get picked up for a blind date, can you call me in a half hour just in case it’s going bad? Yes? Ok great! We’ll speak.” Raquel gave herself a quick spray of perfume, checked herself out one more time in the mirror, and headed outside to wait for the guy. Sure enough after twenty minutes Raquel was discreetly checking her watch. After ten more long minutes her phone finally buzzed. Raquel listened for a few seconds, grimly pursed her lips, and turned to her date, “I feel terrible, but my Grandmother is terribly sick, and I must go home now .” “No problem!” Said her date with a big grin, “in a few more minutes my dog was going to get run over!”

No comments:

Post a Comment