Thursday 6 November 2014

Credit card declined, Norton 360 and our warden

6 November

One of my credit cards has been declined twice at Asda and I couldn’t work out why. Well, I found out last night while I tried to buy something on-line and realised the card is out of date … deeerrrrr shows how much I use it eh!. Now I’m stuck in a queue to the bank to get a new sent out and after eight minutes I finally got through to India, again. It seems that they sent a new card out but they’ve sent it to our old address even though I changed the address when we moved here.  Sixteen bloody minutes now and it’s not finished with! In the end I was on the phone for 30 minutes and then they called me back, what a nightmare.

This all came about because I wanted to update the Norton 360 software on me ‘puter. I’d had tried installing one of two discs we have here and then paying for an update; now way, they are not being accepted. So a look on line showed me prices around the £50-60 mark. Amazon prices vary from £29.99 up to £84. I downloaded and have installed a free trail. That will allow me to look in a few other places before I need to buy.

The warden of the complex that our flats are part of called the other day to try to sort out the pull cord system we have here. He’s still dealing with it. The warden has a handset which they have to keep with them while they are on duty, but since we moved in here every warden there has been had had problems with that handset. Now the new guy is finally getting something done about it. When he called in on Monday he was surprised that we didn’t have one of those pendent things and even more surprised that we hadn’t been offered one. He’s got them now but as he said, it’s no use letting us have them when the handset isn’t working. Typical council it seems; good ideas but no idea how to implement them!   

Yesterday I didn’t do anything towards NANO, I just didn’t feel up to it. So today I need to get with it and get a load done. I was hoping to get a good bit ahead so I wouldn’t to do it while Kile is here this weekend. It looks like we won’t be going anywhere again anyway, the weather isn’t looking great. With that in mind then, here a photo from one time we did take him out … 

Kile at Brandon Marsh - and he loves that Sony Alpha 350 of mine!

And the Sage has spoken words of wisdom …

 The directors of the Company were called in to the chairman’s office one by one until only the newest executive was left sitting nervously outside.
Finally it was his turn to be summoned.
He entered the office to find the chairman and the other eight directors seated solemnly around a table.
He was invited to join them, which he did.
As soon as he had sat down the chairman turned to the young man and asked,
“Have you ever slept with Miss Foyt, my secretary?”
“No, certainly not.”
“Are you absolutely sure?” asked the chairman.
“Absolutely; I’ve never laid a finger on her.”
“You’d swear to that?”
“Yes, I swear I’ve never slept with your secretary.”
“Good. Then you can fire her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment