Wednesday 19 November 2014

Addition lenses for my Nikon, always keep a camera to hand and a right to complain.



19 November

Well, my new Tamron 18-270mm lens for the Nikon D5200 arrived this morning. After unpacking it I said to Jan that the box was very cold. First thing I did then was to remove the lens cap – and the lens totally misted up. I did say it was cold, but I didn’t think it was that cold. Once it had warmed up I took one shot of a few wind chimes we have hanging by the window and the result is very good. We’re hoping to take Kile birding on Saturday so I should be able to give it go run through then. However, so far so good. Next item to arrive is a Nikon 50mm macro lens, due tomorrow and I’m set up. Mind you, the £67 fees bill from Ebay was a shock this morning.

One of my friends once said to me that I’m more creative in my photos than he is. Maybe so, but there is nothing wrong with his shots that I can see. They are sharpe and well-focused, exposure is correct and so on. But maybe he doesn’t see the photos I see. I’m always on the look-out for a photo and tend to find them all over the place. Here’s one I got just before I went to bed last night … 

This is my normal night dose of medications. On top of that there’s a few others that I use on an ‘as required’ basis. Here’s another one I got in town last week … 

A shelf of deodorants on a shop shelf; I made the comment, ‘Yes, we're Sure they won't laugh at you!’ when I posted it on Flicker. The way they were lined up, and yes, that was just how I found, and I just saw a funny side in it, hence the shot – and play on the brand Name.  

So where ever you are, always have a camera with you, even a small compact like the Nikon Coolpix 6000 the first one above was taken on, and keep an eye open for any shots that might show themselves to you.

Have you seen the report on the hotel in Blackpool that has fined someone £100 for leaving a bad report on Tripadvisor? My first question is, ‘Why that couple?’ there are loads of poor reports on there about that hotel, yet they haven’t been fined, so again, why those two? The second question is, ‘What about freedom of speech and the right to complain?’ Following that, ‘what has happened to customer care?’ I have a feeling they will be kicking themselves now for imposing a ‘fine’.

Another photo for today then …
    

Today’s funny

We spend the first twelve months of our children’s lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years telling them to sit down and shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment