Sunday 23 November 2014

Parry Hotter films, no snow please and Sunday Dinner



23 November

Raining here in Dorktown yet again, good job we weren’t planning on going off somewhere. What it does mean is that the large pork leg joint Jan bought the other day is cooking away nicely. The rapper said it served eight, well, with just us three here there should be enough to go round with another later in the week. We’re all looking forward to it.

Something else I’m looking forward to is getting out for the day with my Nikon D5200 and give it a good try out. Even that is hard for me simply because of my mobility problems. Believe me my friends, it’s not fun riding around on a scooter when you’re soaking wet; it’s not fun when you are out walking in the rain either of course. As for snow and ice, well, I hope we don’t get it as bad as the USA has it right now. Current long range forecast from the met office is for another long wet winter just as it was last year. We’ll see I suppose but I wonder, they’re not all that good at daily forecasts so how can we take their long range forecast with any certainly. Remember, a few years ago they said we were supposed to have a ‘barbeque summer’. What we got was rain, rain and more rain!

We sat and watched the last of the Parry Hotter films, again. I have now retired them and hidden them so they are out of reach. You can guess what will happen can’t you? I shall go looking for them and won’t be able to find them. Anyway, we started the Tremors series; not seen them for over a year. Kile loves it. The first time Jan and I saw it was when Channel 5 broadcast it years ago, so long ago that I can’t remember which version of Jaronland we were living in – and we’ve had a few. I think the current one is #10.

The other day I posted a shot of a shelf of Sure smelly stuff, just to show you can find photos anywhere and everywhere. So here’s another … 

I found this one on Dorktown Market.

Today’s funny …

Oh no! not leftovers again!” complained my older sister when she saw the leftover meatloaf on the table from last nights supper. “Young lady” responded my father sternly, “do you know how many people would love to have a delicious supper like this?! You should be ashamed of yourself! Now before we start eating I want to hear you say grace thanking the Lord for this delicious meal!” “Thank you Lord for this delicious supper”, muttered my sister submissively “….again!”

No comments:

Post a Comment