Sunday 2 November 2014

NANO, Jan's day off and eating or heating



2 November

Day two of NANO; I got 2028 words done yesterday and David Oxford has had a bit of shock, both at home and in the office. Today I will take the story on by going backuds a few months.

On Friday Jan decided that she was going to have a day off church today. I suppose I should go and wake her seeing as it’s 10.15 right now, but how can I say this without it sounding critical … right now I am enjoying the solitude; maybe I might leave her sleeping for a bit longer.

As for me and today, I was thinking about going over to Brum for a couple of hours. Looking out the window at the grey over cast sky and flat lighting, I’m p0leased I decided not to bother last night. I’m also fairly cold sitting here right now, even though the heating is on.

We are in the fortunate position of being on a community heating system where we pay £7 a week every week and that allows us to turn the heating on whenever we need it. Far too often in this country we hear or read of people having to make the choice of eating or heating. It’s usually the elderly who have this choice to make, or at least it used to be; now we hear of younger people having to make the same choices.

There can be no excuses in a country like the UK having people who have to make that sort of choice. I have blamed the current Government for it all, and I still do! The Tories have never like the Welfare State as set up by the Labour in Government just after WWII. Whenever they are in power they try to weaken it as much as they can.              

However, the previous government lead by Gloopy Gordon must also take a lot of the blame. His bumbling around bullying everyone didn’t do much to help at all. The end result is the UK is in a dire financial mess and someone has to sort it and pay to get us out of it. Right now, it’s the least able who are paying the most. It’s the old story of the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer. Enough of all that for now.

Photo time … 

One of a number of corals in Palma Aquarium.

Funny time …

A cop pulled over a car and finds a young couple in the front seat. “Where’s your seat belt young man?” asked the cop. “Oh, I just took if off now when you were walking up to the car”, responded the man. “No you didn’t!” exclaimed his wife, “you never wear your seat belt!”. A little taken aback, the cop asked to see his license. “Aw shucks!” cried the man, “I must have left it home!” “Yeah right!” screamed his wife, “You know it expired 3 months ago!” At a loss for words, the cop asked the woman “are you always so tough on him?!” “No” responded the young woman, “only when he had too much to drink!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment