Saturday 8 November 2014

Cramp in the moring, kit on Ebay and NANO update



8 November

Cramp hurts!!! Around 6.30 this morning I managed to get tied up in my bedding and ended up with cramp. I finally got rid of it after a minute or two but by heck, it hurt at the time. It was far too early for me to get up but I manage to get back off to sleep for a couple of hours, and got up to the words, ‘Come on love, your grandson had made you a cuppa.’ Magic words those – I was and dressed in seconds.

Yesterday I got fed-up of having so many cameras and lenses sitting around doing nowt. Most of them are now on Ebay and one lens was selling within half an hour. Once they have all sold I’m looking to buy the same lens that is selling now but in Nikon fit, not Sony. There are two more lenses to go up on there later today as well as another camera body, but I can’t see them making much at all. All I have to do first is find the battery charger for the A330.

It’s Remembrance Weekend this weekend so I have booked the telly for later for the Festival at the Albert Hall and in the morning for the main event. Right now all I can hear is ‘Oh yeah, oh yeah,’ from Mario! I keep replying, ‘OH NO!’ but they don’t take any notice.

I’m slowly falling behind with NaNo having not adding anything on Thursday. I’ll be adding some later today, no matter what Mario is doing and saying! My headphones will be clamped tight on me ‘ead and War of the Worlds playing nicely in the background.      

The local Telegraph arrived this morning and a Beano fell out of it. We were a bit surprised seeing as we don’t have it normally, but when I looked at the front page I saw it was given away free. We were thing that some poor kid was upset because his comic hadn’t turn up. Kile was offered it every weekend but said he doesn’t read them; I can believe that seeing as he has so many game machine at home. Jan explained that we used to have them when we were kids but he wasn’t impressed much really. Kids these – don’t know what they’re missing do they?

Going back even further in history though, a man named William Rontgen. Found X-rays while doing other experiments. It’s down to this man that we have the X-Ray departments in our hospitals today. At one time radiation levels were measured in roentgens, named for the main man himself.

There’s no nuclear photos on me hard drive but I do have something suitable for this weekend … 

This bench in Winchester is about the soldiers who died in WWI.

Another funny from the Sage …

Someone asked me, "And now that you are retired, do you still have a job?"
I replied, "Yes, I’m my wife's sexual adviser."
Somewhat shocked, they said, "I beg your pardon, but what do you mean by that?"
"Very simple. The wife has told me that when she wants my fu**ing advice, she'll ask for it."   

No comments:

Post a Comment