Thursday 20 November 2014

Diabetic clinic, possiblt costs for a Type 2 and to burd or not to bird ... ... ...



20 November

I was at diabetic clinic this morning, first one for around eight months too. The blood test results were not as high as I expected them to be after the blow out I had the night before. Everything else was OK apart from putting on 2kilos in weight. I’m back for the next one in May next year so things aren’t too bad it seems.

Yesterday I read on Facebook that GPs are refusing to give blood testing strips to folk who like me have type 2 diabetes; type 1s get them a free prescription. When I first got to Asda I handed in a prescription for some cream the nurse gave me. When I went to collect it after shopping I noticed a lady buying one of the glucometers for £10. Out of interest I asked about it as it’s sold. In the pack you get a few strips and needle things but to buy your own supplies is really pricey. A barrel with 50 strips and a container of 50 needles at £27.50 each! That is a big ouch, certainly one I can’t afford. So I have to just wobble on without knowing how things are on a daily basis.    

I still need to keep on trying to lose weight though. After the clinic I went round to Asda to do a bit shopping. While there I found some Mediterranean bread, as they called it. I fancied giving it a go but of course, I didn’t have anything to have with it. So it got left on the shelf. I’m due out to birding club this evening so I may well call in again later and see about getting some then.  

I’ve bought a 50mm macro lens for my Nikon off Ebay. It’s not a bad lens by the looks but it is supposed to be auto focus but I can’t get it work on AF. An email will be winging its way to the seller to find out how it works, see, there’s no instruction sheet with it. More later I suppose …  

We have Kile this weekend and I was hoping to get him out birding on Saturday if the weather is OK. Right now it does look fine for Saturday but we’re not sure about him traveling to Hunstanton and on to Titchwell from there. We enjoy it every time we go there. Kile does like the birding but he does tend to spend more time running around using my old Sony A350, but we’re not sure that there will be enough there for him to point his lens at really. We’ll see on Friday evening.

Today’s photo then …
One of Coventry's three spires.


And today’s funny …

 So this guy is strolling around the mall with a pencil in each one of his ears. “Excuse me sir”, said an old lady, “you have pencils in your eyes.” “I can’t hear you”, said the guy, “I have pencils in my ears.”

No comments:

Post a Comment