Saturday 1 November 2014

Start of a new month, all found and NANO starts today



1 November

Fifty-five days to Crimble Day, where has this year gone! And just to show I’m a glutton for punishment, I’ve registered for NANO again this year. All I have to do now is write 50,000 words of a novel this month … oh dear, what have I done, again!

Jan and I sat here muttering about where the batteries and blue badge were. We had Just about decided that someone had been in here and helped themselves when Jan pointed out that no valuables had been taken, which would have been the main target for a thief. So we got up off our backsides and started sorting out our walk in cupboard. In there we had a large plastic container full of junk and it was getting in the way. Now it’s full of charity shop stuff waiting to be taken down there tomorrow. Then I picked up a carrier bag.

Inside it I found both the batteries and filter we were looking for. I later found the black bag in the small cupboard beside my desk. At 7pm I went out to a chippy and got fish and chips for dinner for both of us. After eating them while they were still hot, I went through the bedroom to get changed and I saw a wee bit of red plastic sticking out between two books on my bedside table. That was the cover for mu blue badge. So everything is now found that we thought were missing. That’s a relief.

As I said, NANO began today. I’m sure writers were sat up waiting for midnight so they could start their new novel. At that time I was lying in bed reading Mark Billingham’s Dying Hours. Now there’s a writer to give a go if you haven’t already tried him. Anyway … It was on November 1st 1848 that WH Smith opened the first railway station book shop. I wonder what the commuters at Euston Station thought of it. It must have been a success of course, because now there’s hardly a station or high street without one.

Today’s photo … 

A bright yellow flower we found in Mallorca.

And today’s funny …

Doctor: “I am not exactly sure of the cause. I think it could be due to alcohol.”
Patient: “That’s OK. I will come back when you are sober.”

No comments:

Post a Comment