Thursday 27 November 2014

No Brum, Skype and back to writing



27 November

No Brum today folks. It’s far too murky for decent photos and the forecast we follow says there’s a 50% chance to rain. Next Monday or Tuesday are supposed to be fine and dry so we will be looking to go then. The idea is to visit the German Market in the city centre. Last night’s Midlands Today was warning of gangs of pick-pockets roaming around robbing visitors. My reaction was, ‘So, what’s new?’ These cretins are always about, you just need to be what is going about you and where possible keep wallets and purses out of sight as much as possible. If they can’t see anything, they can’t pinch it can they?

Sometime ago BT were upset that there were plans for ‘phone and video calls’ to be made over the internet. They could see their profits taking a hit. I don’t know just how much Skype has hit them but Jan has two calls for her sister in Thailand this week. Before Skype Trish wouldn’t have bothered calling here but Jan would have wanted to call her, and Lord knows how much that would be. So perhaps BT were right to be worried. As it is, we wouldn’t have BT in here for any price! We are perfectly happy with Virgin and will continue with them. The last time we had BT in we had more problems over six months than we’ve had over the last, of I don’t know, at least 12 years.

Yesterday I mentioned the problems with CreateSpace, so later on I tried LULU again and couldn’t head nor tail of it. I’m not giving up with it though, I just need to look more deeply at it. What threw me was the pricing at each step of the way and I began to see things mounting up. As I said, I shall try again later.

A week or so ago I said that I was dropping out of this year’s NANO effort because I just had far too much to do. Well, all but one of those jobs has now been completed so later today I shall be sitting down and starting to write more of Shipshape. At 19,000 words, or just over, I’m hoping to bring it up to the 50,000 word needed for NANO, plus a good few more. Of course I won’t get my winners badge this year, but I’m sure I will managed to live without it.

Today’s photo is … 

Crushed muggles.
       
And today’s funny …

Did you hear the joke about the toilet?
Never mind it’s too dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment