Thursday 13 November 2014

A mistake, NANO catch-up and single malt whiskys



13 November

Tuesday night I made a very big mistake by calling in to the Anker. That alone wasn’t the mistake though, we called in there last night as well. No, the mistake was having three pints in there and then going round to the Chase and not only having a fourth pint but also having one there all day breakfasts. Oh dear … I’m not used to drinking anywhere near that amount these days and I’m certainly not to eating that much in one go either. The result was a bad night Tuesday and feeling pretty rotten till just after lunch time yesterday.Not only that, I had an appoiment for my Diabetic bllody test at 9.00am as well.

I think I’ve mention on here before I do like a drop malt whisky every so often. Right now I’m part way through a bottle of Ardmore 10 year old, and it’s not a bad drink at all. Anyway, there was a guy in the Anker last night who obviously knows us, but I’m blowed if I know who he is. That’s OK, he he’s a nice enough as anyway. Later Keith came in with little Whisky, the spaniel-sort-of-dog. Now she is a little cracker and is always looking for a fuss.

All this is nice and cosy I’m sure, but then I asked where she got her name from and it seems it from Grouse whisky. Now, blended whisky I can’t be doing with al all. I don’t know what happens at the blending but I just can’t abide the smell of blended whisky. So the other guy speaks up and say, ‘Isle of Jura, that’s the one I like.’ Strange and wonderful how tastes differ don’t you think? I had some Jura and although I finished the bottle, I wouldn’t rush out to but another one.  

Today is going to be a ‘catch up’ day. I managed to get some NANO work done last night but today I’m hoping to fully catch up with it, although off hand (and without reaching for my calculator I don’t how much I need to do.) But here’s a thing though … 50,000 words in 30 days is actually doable; I’ve done it twice before. But I wonder, just how good is the writing? Not just mine though, how about all the others who get involved, what sort of standard is that writing? My current project is a follow up to last years’ effort and it’s happening in three locations, Portsmouth, Blackpool and Bristol. Again, it’s a three service story of hate, anger and cooperation from all three to get it all sorted out. Well, I’ll soon know how good or bad it is I suppose.

All my items on Ebay are selling; someone has bid on them all which means the ‘but it now’ for each of them has dropped off. So far they are running at a total price of £500. That gets me the lens I want to buy for my new Nikon, with a fair bit to spare. I’ve got my Blackberry linked to my email accounts and I’ve had a question come in about the A77. I’ll have a look later today and see what it’s all about.
I have a whisky photo for today … 

My collection of empty mal bottles.

Today’s funny …

Listen a job is a job, we all need to find away to put bread on the table don’t we? To make a long story short I’m a telemarketer that’s my job and that’s what I do. It’s not a job everyone appreciates, but it’s a job I enjoy and am proud of. The other day I called a house and a real nice lady answered the phone, she was really helpful and friendly, she was the type of lady that helps a telemarketer get through a long day. After some pleasantries I asked if Mr. Smith was in, “I’m sorry”, she answered “I’m afraid he doesn’t live here anymore.” Now that was a real disappointment being that she was a nice lady and all, but I took it all in a stride, “I’m sorry to hear that ma’am. Do you happen to have his new number.” “Sure thing!” The woman cheerfully replied, listing off his new number. I hung up the phone and quickly called the new number and was surprised to hear a recording. “Thank you for calling Green Acres Cemetery…”

No comments:

Post a Comment