Friday 14 November 2014

Questions, more kit to sell and scooters or walkers



14 November

I’ve had a couple of questions about the kit I have up on Ebay; the first one is a sensible one actually, how many shutter activations has the A77 done. In this one the nearest I could give off the top of my head was 8,000. Looking at the files just now it’s actually 7,679, so I wasn’t all that far out. I don’t know if you actually know that cameras do have a limits on the shutter activations, so it was a sensible question. For snappers like me it wouldn’t be an issue really seeing as we’re talking about 100,000 trips before it might start to fail. Nothing is certain of course and it could start after 10,000, no-one can say with any certainty.

The other question was one of confusion really on one of the lenses. I blindly clicked on a suggested a title for the listing without checking it. It has gone up with as a Canon fit. However, in my little bit later I did spell out that it was used on my Sony Alpha A77, which should have really said everything they needed, but they wanted it cleared up. Once and item has been bid on, you can’t revise the item title, so I’ve added a note at the bottom asking buyers to ignore the Canon part. It is something I shall keep an eye on later, I’m sure of that!

Once these four are sold and on their way, I have another Sony body and three more lenses to sell on there; that’s three if I can find the third one. That lens is the best of the bunch being a fast Sony f1.4 50mm. The main downside to it is that it is manual focus only, but having said that, the results it produces are pretty spectacular. I’ve been really please with it. Jan isn’t interested in it so it might as well go and we can some good from it. Oh yes, there’s an unused Sony flash gun too.  

I can see sunlight out there now, that looks a lot better than the dankness that we saw when we got up. We’re hoping for nice and dry for tomorrow so we can get into town on our scooters for a look at the market. It’s been months since we went down there on Saturday. I would have suggested going down in the car and using our walkers but parking can be sod at the best of times. The issue with scooters is that we do tend to rush through the town when we use them. Not only that, a lot of people ignore you when you are say on a scooter. At least with the walkers you are at their level and are less able to ignore you. We can also take our time going through the market with the walkers.

So for today’s photo then … A resting man in the market.

And today’s funny …

trade1

No comments:

Post a Comment