Tuesday 11 November 2014

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?



11 November

There is a full page advert in the new issue of Total TV Guide that niggled me more than a little. It was placed by Aljazeera English and they claim in the ad, ‘At Aljazeera English, we believe that humanity should always be reflected in our reporting.’ Oh, really? Where is the humanity in broadcasting beheading of western hostages? Where was the humanity when they praised those who perpetrated 9/11? Have they shown any humanity be condemning ISIS, the Taliban and Al-Qaida?

This English group might well say that they are not part of the group based outside the UK and therefore can’t be compared to them. If that is so, who funds them and why didn’t they choose a different name for their group? No, sorry, I don’t accept this a free and fair broadcaster. Are they tuneful? Well, I suppose they are by their standards and their version of the truth, but that is likely to very different to the truth as seen by anyone else.

I’m having problems with my Ebay/PayPal account; yes, I know, most users do at some time or other. But this is a strange one. I am able to log-in to my sellers account but it won’t accept my password for the PayPal account. I need to revise an item but I can’t until I get this silly game sorted. I’m now waiting for them get me an email sent out to tell how to sort it.

It’s a short one today I’m afraid, so here’s the daily photo … 

Jan in a bar on holiday.

Today’s funny is from the Sage again …
The wife says to camperman we are having a proper holiday this year,Ive booked us a holiday to Isreal.  We will visit all the holy places. camperman went on and on moaning and bellyaching about not going camping. On the third day he had a heart attack and past away.  The undertaker says to the wife you can have him shipped home for £5000 or buried up there on the mount for £150. She replied ship him home, even if he can be buried here for £150  Its not the money she replied The last man buried up there came back after 3 DAYS   

No comments:

Post a Comment