Wednesday 2 November 2011

Catching up ...

2 November 2011O

I have been off line since Monday.  Our Virgin broad band died and normally if we reboot it comes back on but it wouldn't do so that day.  Call to the helpline told us that was a major problem within the area but even when that was fixed it, ours still didn't want to play.  An engineer arrive while I was out this afternoon and we are now back on-line.

Yesterday was day 1 of NaNoWriMo and like loads more folks I started my 50,000 word novel.  Getting on again this morning I've now completed 4047 words in two chapters, which I'm happy with.  It will be interesting where it develops now that the two major characters are in place.  The main 'baddie' is loosely based on a toss-pot of a lad who lived quite close to us at one time.  He stole our car and smashed it up once.  Now he's banned from that area even though his family still live there ... oh dear, how sad, what a pity, never mind!

Some time ago I mentioned that we are changing power supplier.  We found out after a short time that Npower was really expensive so we dropped them pretty quick.   Our new company is called OVO Energy.  I've never heard of them but at a monthly rate of £63 for both gas and electricity, we're not complaining.  Anyway, EON called today to say that what we had been quoted was for gas only and that the electricity price would it up to over what we are currently paying EON.  Then came the offer ... "Stay with us and we'll drop you bill by £20 a month."  So what they are charging us £20 too much now I wonder?  Anyway, Jan phoned OVO and spoke to them and they took all the details and assured us that the £63 was for both, and not just for gas.   

Strange that eh?    

The 52 year old man who was killed over the weekend has been named as Ian Smith.  I have a feeling that he used to be a big mate of my brother who dies three years ago.  I did know him but only vaguely and then we only said "Hello," as we walked by.  I can't remember what his nick-name was but it wasn't the one printed in yesterday's News.  Whatever, it's sad that anyone should die in that fashion. 

The GEH has put out as release to say that their plan is to keep the maternity unit but move the Catrina children's ward to the Walsgrave in Coventry but to keep a smaller unit at the GEH.  It all sounds like a dogs dinner to me really.  
So what do you think of the farce in Euroland then?  I've never been in favour of the single currency and even more against it now.  At least I can say thank you to the Tories for keeping us out of it.  Now all we need is a referendum on whether to remain in Europe or get out.  For me, getting out is the only choice!

The Rochdale Sage has been in touch again ...

Cinderella  is now 95 years old.
 
After  a fulfilling life with the now dead prince, she  happily sits upon her rocking chair,  watching the  world go by from her front porch, with a  cat
named  Bob for companionship.
 
One  sunny afternoon out of nowhere, appeared  the fairy  godmother.
Cinderella  said, 'Fairy Godmother, what are you doing  here after all these years'?
 
The  fairy godmother replied, 'Cinderella, you  have lived  an exemplary life since I last saw you. Is  there anything  for which your heart still yearns?'
Cinderella  was taken aback, overjoyed, and after some thoughtful consideration, she uttered her first wish:
'The  prince was wonderful, but not much of an  investor.  I'm  living hand to mouth on my disability cheques,  and I  wish I were wealthy beyond comprehension.
Instantly  her rocking chair turned into solid gold.
Cinderella  said, 'Ooh,  thank you, Fairy Godmother'

The  fairy godmother replied, 'It  is the least that I can do.  What  do you want for your second wish?'

Cinderella  looked down at her frail body, and said,
'I  wish I were young and full of the beauty and  youth I  once had.'

At  once, her wish became reality, and her  beautiful young  visage returned. Cinderella  felt stirrings  inside her  that had been dormant for years.

And  then the fairy godmother spoke once more: 'You  have one more wish; what shall it be?'

Cinderella  looks over to the frightened cat in the corner  and says, 'I wish for you to transform Bob, my  old cat, into a kind and handsome young  man.'
Magically,  Bob suddenly underwent so fundamental a  change in his biological make-up that, when he  stood before  her, he was a man so beautiful the likes of  him neither  she nor the world had ever seen.  The  fairy godmother said,
'Congratulations,  Cinderella, enjoy your new life.'

With  a blazing shock of bright blue electricity, the  fairy godmother was gone as suddenly as she  appeared...............

For  a few eerie moments,  Bob  and Cinderella looked into each other's  eyes. Cinderella  sat, breathless, gazing at the most  beautiful, stunningly  perfect man she had ever seen. Then  Bob walked over to Cinderella, who sat  transfixed in  her rocking chair, & held her close in his  young muscular  arms.  He  leaned in close, blowing her golden hair with  his warm  breath as he whispered...
'Bet  you're sorry now that you cut my nuts off

No comments:

Post a Comment