Friday 25 November 2011

Early start today ...

25 November 2011

I'm up early this morning.  While I was in the shower last night I noticed what  looked like a large bruise on my left big toe.  It's on the inside edge where it rests up against the next toe along.  Anyway, it hadn't been hurting at all and I certainly couldn't remember knocking it on anything - and how do you knock that part of a big toe anyway?  Jan had gone out to pick up Kile's mum from the hospital after she had been in for day surgery so when she got back home she had a look and suggested it was an infection.  Being a diabetic I need to get it checked out properly just in case.  That means up at 8am and playing 'button press' on our phone until you get an answer.  The game last for 15 minutes before I go the line followed by another 5 minute wait to get through to make the appointment.  Finally at 8.35 I managed to get through and got the last appointment for today.  Bloody great eh?  What about all the other poor sods who were waiting after me?  Yet again it's with another new doctor.  The turnover of doctors is fairly large because it is a major training practice but you end up seeing different doctors all the time.  The one I prefer to see is   holiday this week and next so I've had to see whoever is available.

There's a major consultation going on at the moment over the closure of the children's and maternity wards at the George Eliot hospital.  The plan is to move the lot over to the new hospital at Walsgrave in Coventry.  According to the News this morning the consultation is now on hold until next year - "to give clinicians time to prepare for it".  Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Also in the News this morning, the plans for the Abbey Street Co-op car park area of town has been 'called in' (where do they find these damned silly terms?).  It was only the cabinet that had discussed the plan behind closed doors so one of the opposition did the calling in bit.  No wonder council tax costs so much.

Have you been following the Stephen Lawrence murder trial in London?  I have and I have to say I'm not happy about how it's going.  I've always thought that those two men where in on it right from the very start and I still do.  But it looks to me like they will get away with it yet again because of a bungled police investigation.  It seems that it is possible to get away with murder in Britain - especially when the police don't take the case seriously enough to begin with!          

No comments:

Post a Comment