Monday 7 November 2011

Here we are again ...

7 November 2011

... Monday yet again.  Another week gone by and nowt done.  Well, quite a bit done actually.  I'm up to 12,000+ words on the NaMo project.  I've been thinking about it though; 50,000 words in 30 days ... I'm starting to wonder just how good the finished work might be.  Of course, they do say to just 'write' and do all your proofing and so on after.  Once it's done you can also increase the word count as much as you like.  We'll see when we get there.
I've been reading my copy of Writing Magazine and there's an article in this month's issue where a writers says he goes through ten - yes, 10, drafts.  he also claims he doesn't allow anyone to see anything until at least draft #6.  I would have thought he would be heartily sick of it by then!  I know I would be. 

After the fuss in the GEH about the high death rate of patients there, they have decided that every death at the hospital will now be investigated by a clinical team.  Strange that, I would have thought that a lot of them, more so the unexpected deaths, would already be being investigated.

The new parking system is starting today in Dorktown.  I read before that the wardens would be shared with Rugby town.  I wonder where they will start off?  Of course, they may well be employing enough wardens so that there will be at least one in each town.  But you know what councils are like - if they can save a bob or two by having them moving between the towns, they will do so.

As it is Monday today, it's our normal shopping day.  Last week we did it on Sunday for a change.  That was a waste of time.  We had to go back again on Monday to get the stuff Asda didn't have on Sunday.  It's all well and good opening 7 days a week as long as you have the stock to do so.  So later today we will be off to Asda in Coventry (because the one in Dorktown never seems to have the items we want or need), then we will be set for the week - I hope.  Nope, we won't be ... just remembered telly-pages for next week and Amateur Photographer, both of which come out tomorrow.  Oh yes, of course; we get our milk either from Tesco or Iceland because we have yet to buy milk from Asda and not have it leak all over the fridge.  It's the tops, they are not sealed properly.  We buy four pint containers see, usually four at a time.  I know there's only two of us here but we do go through a lot of the white stuff.

So there you go then ... another week gone, another one begun.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment