Sunday 13 November 2011

Reemberance

13 November 2011

It's that time of year again where the country come to a stop!  Some hope eh?  The shops will be open for business; the theme parks will be full and still taking dosh at the till; pubs will be getting ready for the rush once the various parades around the country end and the marchers to call in for a pint or two.  What will I be doing?  I'll be sat watching it all on TV, not because I'm too lazy to turn out for the parade but because I can no longer stand for any length of time.  Eighteen months ago we had a break in where we lost £1800 worth of electrical and optical goods.  It wasn't until the same November that I found out that my two medals, GSM Northern Ireland and UN Cyprus were also missing.  I don't know if I could perhaps get duplicates issued.  I shall have to try to find out.

We have been playing grandparents this weekend and Kile is due to be picked up and taken to the parade in Dorktown by 1030.  The result is that I couldn't get anything done on NaMo yesterday; we went to Meadow Hall in Sheffield for a few hours instead.  Not a bad day really.  Kile was a good lad and didn't throw up in the car as  he's done the last twice we took him out.  That made a big difference to the day.  I then found out that Jan had given him a travel sickness pill at breakfast - clever gel!

I don't know which of the two Sheffield teams were playing at home yesterday but Oxford United were the away team.  How do I know?  Well, there was coach full of supports on the M1 north bound and the fans had hung one of their banners on the rear screen .  But here's the thing ... I was doing 70mph along there and that coach went passed me as if I was standing still.  Can you image the carnage if that coach had been in an accident at that speed?  I shudder to think about it!  And they are talking about raising the national speed limit to 80mph.  Ye gods!!!  What are these Muppet Persons thinking of?

No comments:

Post a Comment