Wednesday 23 November 2011

Help is given to needy family

23 November 2011

Well, you should be used to me moaning about Dorktown and its people by now.  But today's News has a front page story to warm the heart.  Apparently there was a fire in a house in Fitton Street which is fairly close to Jaronland, (that's our place if didn't work it out).  The family of 9 got out without any harm or injury, which is good news by itself but all they had left was what they stood there in the street in, their sleep clothes.  Word got out and there has been a large effort made and the whole family has been kitted out with clothes and stuff for the flat they have been housed in by the council.  Good work by someone there then.

Bed'th has its Crimble light switch on this coming Saturday, we won't be there.  Neither of us like big crowds, Jan more so than me but having to be on a scooter in such a crowd is even worse.  Again this year it has been arranged at the same time as the Bed'th folk festival, one of the biggest such events in the country (according to the News that it).  The paper shows a photo from last year's event and the crowds are huge, fat too big for us.  We also like folk music but haven't been able to get the any of the events in and around Bed'th yet.  We will, we will ... ... ...

The various German Crimble Markets are starting up again.  The one in Brum is spectacular, far better in view than the one in Manchester which is spread over at least two separate locations.  The one in Brum is mostly in one place but with a few stalls just through the Library building.  That's something else we intend going to again this year.

My NaNo effort hasn't been touched for a couple of days seeing as we've been a bit busy.  The plan was to get on and do something with it after I have been down town to try out my camera now that the sensor has been cleaned.  But my copy of Writer's Forum has just come through the letter box ... now which is more important, writing or mag ... mag or writing?  No wonder me ed urts all the time ;-)))  Actually, we do tend to go up to bed fairly early and lie in bed reading before we settle.  That is when I read my magazines - which reminds me, Amateur Photographer is issued on Tuesday and I haven't got my copy for this week yet.  And guess what?  We are up on the Euro Lottery this week ... all £2.85 of it ;-)))  I can see we'll be retiring to the sun on that amount eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment