Thursday 17 November 2011

Skeggy yesterday

17 November 2011

There's not much happening in Dorktown today other than the council deciding that they can't afford to allow free parking on street level car parks thus December.  For several years now they have allowed free parking for everyone for a couple of weeks prior to Crimble but this year they are saying "No."  The opposition have used the obvious 'Scrooge' term for the council leader.  It won't make any difference though. 

So what happened yesterday?  Well, my birding blog at http://birderronindorktown.blogspot.com/2011/11/such-long-time.html?spref=fb   will give you the details of what few birds we saw.   
It wasn't the best days birding we've had but not the worst either.  However, we decided that we would go a different way home and call in to have a look at Boston.  When we got into the town centre it was market day.  Finding a parking space was proving difficult so we called it a day and headed back home.  I was driving and headed for Grantham.  At one cross road I saw a sign for the A15 towards Peterborough and took that one ... opps ... we both felt that we would never get home.  It added a long distance for us.  If had a continued to Grantham and then on to Melton Mowbray we would have been home a good and a half quicker I think.  Ah well ...   

On Saturday we will be heading off to Ipswich to see Jan's brother Gordon.  It's another good run out so while we are down that way we will go and have a look at Felixstowe and see if it's worth looking at for a possible move there in the future. 

I've been having a problem with this 'ere lappy!  I use a Microsoft wireless mouse on it and every so often, well, quite often actually the cursor moves half way up the page I'm typing.  It's just not been happening with this lappy, my other two were exactly the same.  So Jan came up with the idea that instead of just leaving the mouse beside the lappy, I move it so that it's resting on something in such a way that that it can't work.  I've tried in and it works ... clever is my Jan, not just a pretty face ;-)))      

No comments:

Post a Comment